19

Hua Ying returned to Puqi Shrine with Hua Cheng after they had their nice walk. Hua Ying sat within the window that faced the backyard and let one of his legs drape over. He leaned against the frame and his arms crossed over his chest. He was quite comfortable as he watched he Baba train Wangji. Lan Wangji was doing really well with his training and is due to ascend as a god soon. Xie Lian has been preparing him for it and will continue to help him after his ascension.

Hua Ying was impressed with how much Wangji has improved. He even suspects that Wangji will be an amazing addition to the martial gods. As he thought that, he realized that he was not a part of the heavenly court anymore. His decision to go to Tonglu had sacrifices involving and he'd have to give up somethings in order to become a supreme. As he was thinking this, he didn't realize that he had some tears falling until he felt a hand gently brush them away.

"Baba?" Hua Ying asked, "did I interrupt your session?"

Xie Lian shook his head, "we just ended our session for today. Is there something you want to talk about? Why are you crying?"

Hua Ying sighed, "I was just thinking about some things. I guess I didn't realize that I was so deep in thought."

"Want to talk to me?" Xie Lian asked.

"I was just thinking about not being a part of the heavenly officials anymore. Just thinking about the things I now no long have due to what I am now," Hua Ying said.

"You may not be a martial god or heaven official, but you are still my son," Xie Lian told him, "You still have the ability to come see me at the palace if I am there and you need me. Your A'Die has the privilege of going if he so chooses but he does not like the heavenly palace much."

Hua Ying nodded, "I guess," he said, "I am probably making this more of a big deal than it should be."

"Your thoughts and feelings are valid and you have a right to feel down when you are struggling. Emotions are just a natural response to how a person feels and no matter how much we may want to ignore them, they will always be there," Xie Lian explained.

Hua Ying nodded, "I suppose."

"It will be okay," Xie Lian assured him, "it will just take some time to adjust to your new life. I love you and will always love you no matter what."

"I love you too, Baba," Hua Ying said.

Xie Lian pulled Hua Ying into a hug, "don't ever forget that," he then pulled away from the hug, "now, go spend time with your boyfriend."

"Baba.." Hua Ying whined, "don't tease me."

"Too late," Xie Lian said, "I will be with your A'Die. Wangji is now free and is willing to spend his time with you."

"I know," Hua Ying said and saw Wangji standing in the background a bit aways from them. Xie Lian left him and Wangji and went to go speak with Hua Cheng. Hua Ying slid out of the window he was currently sitting in and went over to Wangji, "You did well with your training today."

"Mnn," Wangji nodded, "are you feeling okay?"

"Ugh, ask me again in a little while," Hua Ying answered, "I just have a lot on my mind. It's nothing to worry about."

"But when it is you, I will always worry," Wangji told him, "I care about you."

Hua Ying smiled at him, "such a sweet talker you are."

"It is the truth," Wangji said.

In one swift move, Hua Ying wrapped his arm around Wangji's waist and pulled him closer to him, "I believe you," Hua Ying said as his face was now just inches from Wangji's, so he brushed his nose against Wangji's as he held him close, "I like this sweet talk of yours. I am not sure how much of your sweet words I can take though before I pass out from a sugar high."

Wangji was so stunned by the sudden closeness between the two. It took him a moment to recompose himself before he could grasp the position he was currently in. Wangji wrapped his arm around Hua Ying's waist, "I will continue to give you sweet words," he said.

Hua Ying giggled, "does this position make you uncomfortable?"

"No, it just surprised me," he said, "Hua Ying, I really want us to work. I want to be your partner, your companion, and your family. I understand that you may need more time but I just want you to know that."

Hua Ying nodded, "I know, and I have no problem with us being together again...I just want to know that your family won't betray me again. I am mostly keeping my distance because of your uncle and brother. Your uncle not so much anymore but I still do not trust your brother after what he did. If that upsets you just know that is the truth. If you cannot accept that, then I will not pursue you any further until the issues with your family are resolved...plus I am now everything your sect is against. A ghost king. I am an evil, now."

"You are not evil and I will fight against my brother for you if he ever tries to come between us again. I will talk to him about this and I will hope he understands. He doesn't have much use of his abilities right now due to the shackles he has, but I will still talk with him," Wangji said, "and I am ascending in a few days, if my sect does not accept you, I will leave it. I am free to love you and be with you. I am promising you this now and if I break this promise you have every right to strike me dead."

"I believe you," Hua Ying said outright. His new abilities to sense intentions and emotions were helpful in this situation. He was able to know if he was being lied to or not. He was able to detect the truth or a lie now, "you should know that I have some new abilities. They allow me to sense one's intentions and emotions. I can even feel the person's aura. I will no longer be fooled. You should know this ability because I will use it thoroughly for a while."

"I understand," Wangji said, "and I am actually intrigued by this skill. You can detect the truth from the lies. It suites you."

"You know I can feel your emotions and your discomfort too. When I was with you back in Cloud Recesses and you asked me if something was wrong when we were at the Jingshi, I could feel your pain and loneliness. It reminded me of how I felt as a child as I was often bullied," Hua Ying explained.

"When you are ready to talk to me about this stuff, I will be there to listen to you," Wangji said as he placed his right hand on Hua Ying's cheek, "you do not have to tell me anything if you are not ready."

"Thank you," Hua Ying said as he tilted his head more into Wangji's hand, "you are so warm."

"You do feel a bit cold," Wangji said.

"It's just what I have to deal with now. I am a ghost," Hua Ying said.

"If my warmth is comforting you, I will always give you some," Wangji told him.

"Stop being so sweet," Hua Ying said.

"No," Wangji said and placed a kiss on Hua Ying's forehead. Wangji and Hua Ying moved to sit underneath a large tree in the backyard and just talk. For Hua Ying, it was actually nice to have Wangji back beside him.