₁.₉

★☆★☆★

𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖮𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗉𝗈𝗐𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖦𝗎𝗂𝗅𝗍

★☆★☆★

The players were seen to have the last two days of the week-days off, they had been working really hard so far so they had been awarded, and that included several of the staff, like Nicolle.

Although Fernando did have to make his way to work that day the younger siblings decided to have this day to finish some errands or in Nicolle's case work that needed to be submitted before tomorrow.

They had their breakfast all together as per usual and for lunch they did have some of the leftovers from last night's dinner, Fer did make a bigger portion so that his siblings could enjoy the food for lunch as well, knowing they much prefer his food than ordering or the possibility of trying to cook themselves.

Nicolle was in her room after eating, getting ready to start on the work to have it finished before the end of the day, she was a person to get the work done and dusted to have some free time afterward. The thought of having work lingering in her mind that still needed to be finished bothered her more and more when it was left unfinished.

In her case it wasn't something all too heavy, just the deadline put a scary label on the work, but Nicolle was sure to finish at least by lunch time giving her the afternoon to relax.

As for her brother, he stayed in his room, on his bed just scrolling through his Instagram feed, he scrolled past posts from the club account and some from his friend's account until he came across a page, one where it was edits of his connection with his sister, in other words, a fan page about them

It was showing pictures of them when they were young compared to them now. With a piece of soft music in the background, the comments filled with love on the two siblings which couldn't help but bring a smile to Pedri's face. He liked the post, before sending it to his sister for her to watch when she can.

But that struck a pain in his heart, as if he had been stabbed in the center of his chest with a knife, he stood up from his position in bed and placed his phone on the nightstand going to grab a drink of water to possibly stop the pain, and to calm down. Never had he experienced such a feeling before and for him it was rather a worrying feeling.

As he made his way down his eyes took a turn to the living room, trailing back to the night when she pulled her brothers onto the couch and spoke as if she was reading out a story about the kiss and the moment she shared with his best friend.

A soft smile curled on his lips remembering the joy in her voice talking about a date with him.

But Pedri couldn't seem to put his foot on what was hiding inside, what he was needing to understand. The boy sighed, grabbing a glass and filling it up with water adding ice cubes.

As he took sips of the water, his mind trailed back to the times he saw her happy smile after or before going out with Pablo, the excitement she felt to be going out to meet him, the nerves of waiting, the happiness to share her experience with him and Fernando and all of this was just for a dare.

That's when his brain fully clicked, after multiple days of brushing it off, he felt a pain in his chest of full guilt, the guilt of letting his sister be part of a game she didn't even know was going on for the past two weeks.

How could he let this game go on, hurting his sister's feelings? He looked back at the couch replaying the scene once more, this time remembering the shine in her eyes and never fading smile, to think that it would all disappear in just two weeks' time, after finding out.

How should he explain to his sister, it's already halfway, too deep into the dare. If he told her she had the potential of not believing him, but also the thought of losing the connection that he has with her. He had to find a way to break the news but first, he had to tell Ansu and Pablo that he was backing down and that he couldn't be a part of such a game, especially not one where it involved his family.

"Pedri, are you okay?" Nicolle asked, tapping his shoulder, he didn't realize he was stuck in though. He blinked a few times, turning to look at his sister.

"Yeah, I am fine, just was lost in thought, I am going to go to my room" He spoke, fiddling with his hands before moving past her and making his way up towards his room.

As he closed the door he ran to his phone making his way to call Pablo and Ansu, he managed to make it a three-way call to get out the news he had quickly and easily.

After what felt like the longest wait, both of his friends picked up the phone, no surprise they did a three-way call, they possibly believed it was updates on the dare.

"So tell us Pedri, what's your news that you called us both at the same time" Ansu asked.

"Okay, uhm" The boy mumbled, he didn't know how they were going to react to him backing down.

"I am backing down from the dare, I can't anymore with the guilt building up inside of him" He spoke, though the silence of his friends wasn't helping.

"You can't, you have to pay me the 1,000, no?" Pablo asked.

"I will still give it to you but I am not a part of this stupid game put on my sister anymore, I just can't" Pedri responded and without hearing another sound from his friends he hung up the call and threw the phone on his bed.

He paced around his room with nerves, he would only pay the money for Pablo to not complain about losing half, and for Ansu to not complain he has to pay double. But it was no surprise they had questions on why suddenly he backed down. His phone did buzz a few times but he placed it on silent, ignoring any incoming messages from them.

Nicolle downstairs could hear Pedri talking loudly, but with a rather concerned and worried voice, but as she was down she could not hear what he was talking about so she made her way up the stairs to his room to make sure he was okay.

As she was about to knock on the door, her brother opened it, almost crashing into her. When he noticed her presence he pulled her into a rather tight hug, reciving a confused look from his sister once they pulled away.

"Pepi, you seem off today, are you ok, I am worried" She spoke, looking up at him.

"Sorry Nic, yeah I am fine, just one of those days you know" He responded watching as she projected a soft smile.

"Hey, why don't we watch some movies, I am sure that will ease your mind." She watched as a smile curled at his lips, putting his hand around her shoulder and guiding her downstairs.

"I'll set up the area and select our movies, you go grab the snacks" She spoke as they reached the bottom of the stairs, she gave him a small side hug before making her way towards the living room.

He watched her walk off before he made his way to the kitchen to grab their favorite snacks and the food leftover from last night, before making his way to join his sister in doing one thing they loved since they were little.

★☆★☆★

A/N

Should Pedri have stayed in the dare?

Update: Next week I am piled with tests, way too many so there is a chance that I won't post next week!!!

Nelly