Act 1 - The Camp - Chapter 3

Right when Lana asked where the oldest bother of the Dixon family, her other brother came out of the forest and screamed "Merle! Where are you? I caught squirrels!" He growled. Lana was just standing there, her head full with the worst images what could've happened.

"Daryl...Lana we need to talk to you guys ." Shane said.
"About what?"
"About Merle"

Lana sensed up. Was he dead? The only Dixon who cared about her a bit was probably dead. Lana felt tears in her eyes, but not daring to let them fall. The officer thought that she was the third sibling of the Dixon family. He knew it because of her eyes. The same ice blue eyes everyone in the family had.

"What happened?" Lana's voice was angry, like she would freak out any second.
"There was a problem in Atlanta.." Rick admitted.
Daryl's chest heaved up and down for a minute after he sink in what rick said. "He's dead?"
"We don't know.." Shane admitted too while looking down at the ground.
"He either is or ain't!" Daryl's voice was more desperate than angry while he was walking around.

"Who are you?" The blue eyed girl asked the officer.
"Rick grimes" He said while steeping forwarded.
Carl clinched at his father as he walked.
"Rick grimes?" Lana repeated mockingly.
"Is there something you wanna tell me?"
Lana asked him while, stepping forward too.

Daryl was still walking in a circle trying not to cry.
"Your bother was a danger to us all, so I handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him into a piece of metal. He's still here." Rick stated.
In the moment as this rick grimes said this, Daryl threw his squirrels at rick, and then trying to punch him. But Shane was faster, and put Daryl with a chokehold down.
"You better let me go..!" Daryl growled while trying to get out of Shane's grip.

Lana watched the scene, she never felt so fucking angry in her life. She was mad at Rick for handcuffing him, but she was also mad that Merle was acting like that.
She clenched her fist ready to punch anyone.
"I would like to have a calm conversation about this.Do you think we can manage that?"
That was all it took for Lana. She punched Rick right in the face. She heard gasps and screams, and a moment later she was holding back by T-Dog, and dale while she looked at Rick like he was the devil in person.

"Fucking prick!" Lana let out still being hold by the two man's. Suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her arm. The arm where she got bit. T- Dog was holding her at that arm. She tried to pull her arm out of his grip. "Okay! Okay! I'm calm!" She said frustrated hoping it will help that the guys will let her go.

The boys looked at rick and Shane for permission to let the Dixon girl go. "Let her go. I deserved that."
Ricks voice was quieter then the last time as he spoked. The two man let go of her. Lana breath in deep, when she looked up she saw how Carl was staring at her with a feared face while hiding now his face in his mothers arm. "I'll go find him. Tell me where he is I'll go." She said stern not wanting to hear that she couldn't go.

"It's too dangerous." Rick let out while still holding his cheek where Lana punched him. "Well not dangerous enough to handcuff him!" She snapped back. For a moment it was quiet because they knew Lana had a point. "It was my fault. Rick gave me the keys. I dropped them." She heard a voice behind her.
"What?" Was all she could say. "And you couldn't just picked them up?!"Daryl said now frustrated, still trying to get out of Shane's grip.
"I dropped it down a drain" T-dog admitted shamefully.

"If that should make us feel better. It dosen't"
Lana said pissed, she couldn't believe it that they would do something like that.
"Well maybe this does...I chained the door to the roof. The walkers couldn't get to him with a padlock." T-dog said still couldn't looked the the siblings of Merle Dixon in the eyes.

"I'm gonna get him, now" Lana said stern. Rick walked to Lana and held her by her arm and said to her quietly.
"No it's too dangerous now. The sun is getting down..you wouldn't find him."
All what Lana now did was pulling her arm out of his grip and giving him a mad look, and walked away in the forest, and sat down on a the ground leaned on a tree ,and started crying for the first time in the apocalypse.

—————
I'm a bit proud of this chapter🤠
I'm trying to make the conversation like in the show..when any one has tips or anything I'm open to hear it!

Love y'all<3

839 words