Act 1 - C.D.C - Chapter 8

The whole group was standing in front of a building, everywhere were dead people. Lana looked around she nearly threw up at that smell. The shield on the building was saying 'C.D.C'.
But everything looked dead, the building was with blood, and ivy overdrawn.
"Nothing..?" Rick mumbled more to himself, while looking around the dead people.

"There's nobody here," T-Dog said that what everyone thought, expect Lana, and Rick.
Rick was walking closer to the building and said, "Then why are the shutters down?"

"Walker!" Daryl suddenly yelled, while he got his crossbow ready to shoot the walker, but Lana was faster and shot the walker with her bow.
Her bother turned to Lana and gave her a surprised look.
Lana just gave him a look that said that she was better then him at shooting.

"You led us into a graveyard!" The redneck hissed.
"He made a call!" Dale reasoned, trying to defend Rick. "It was the wrong damn call!" Daryl busted.
"As if you had done it better," Lana snapped at her bother.
After she said that Daryl was quiet. Deep down he knew that she was right, he couldn't had done it better.
"Just shut up! Okay? Just shut up!" Shane hissed at the siblings.
Rick looked down, hand on his forehead. He was devastated that this was it.
"There is nowhere else.. This was it." He mumbled under his breath.

"Rick, this is a dead end." Shane started, "No blame, do you hear me?" He tried to convince Rick to believe him that it wasn't his fault.
"We can't stay here." Lori stated, while holding onto her son.
"Fort Benning" Shane suggested, "that's still a option."

"On what? No food, no fuel. That's a hundred miles. Andrea protested.
"Actually a hundred and twenty-five," Glenn corrected.
"I checked the map."

"Forget Fort Benning!" Andrea snapped, "We should go."

Lana watched them arguing, then she looked close to the building.
She pushed her eyebrows together, she saw the camera slightly moving.
Was she dreaming or hallucinating?

"Come on let's go" Shane said.
"Yes we should go!" Andrea agreed with Shane.
"Let's go, move now! Everyone in the cars."
Shane ordered, Lana looked over to rick.
She saw how focused he was on the camera, and that's was how she knew that she wasn't dreaming or  hallucinating. She felt some hope coming up in her.
She walked closer to rick, and whispered to him.

"Did you saw that too..?" She asked him.
Rick started nodding, "yes, yes, yes.... I did" he started while being so focused still on the camera.
"The camera it moved!" Rick said loud and clear for the others.
"You imagined it." Dale told rick.
"No he's right..it moved," Lana agreed to Rick.
"It moved!" The sheriff repeated again, with more streng then last time.

"Guys, it's dead okay? It's an automated device, it's gears. They're just winding down," Sahne said, while trying to push rick away from the camera.
But Rick stayed there still looking at the cameras.
Then Shane tried it at Lana, he was walking to her and leaned down so he is her height.
"Lana, listen to me. Look around this place. It's dead, okay? It's dead. Just let us go.."
He tried to convince Lana.

"I know you're in there...please, I know you can hear me..please we're desperate-"
The leader started to talk to the camera.

"Get back to the cars!" Shane yelled, and ordered again.

"Please..we have children, woman, no food, and nearly no gas left...please.."
He begged, Lana heard how Shane was talking to the others of the group. But all she did was focusing on that damn camera.

"We have nowhere to go..please"
He begged again, and then Lana felt a tiny hand on her back.
"Is he right..? Is there someone in there?" Carl
asked with his red eyes from crying.

"I think he is.." the Dixon girl answered honest, and the got on her knees, and whipped away his tears.

Meanwhile his dad was screaming and yelling at the camera.
"You're killing us!" He screamed or "Please! If you're not letting us in you're killing us!"

Suddenly she felt little arms around her neck, Carl was crying in her neck. He was so scared, and confused about everything. He just wanted to be save, and he felt save by Lana.

Shane ran to rick, and grabbed him tightly by the chest, and tried to dragged him away.
The last thing Rick had the streng to scream was "You're killing us..!"

And then....

The door opened with a mechanical whir, and a bright luminous light was shining in their eyes. Lana closed her eyes for a second still having Carl in her arms. Someone was in there. Lana wasn't crazy, the Camera did moved. She looked up to rick and gave him a quick smile.

They were save, she didn't knew exactly for how long, but that didn't mattered now.
She slowly got up with Carl in her arms, and walked to Lori.

Lori looked at her great full that she 'protected' her son. She took Carl and hugged him tightly, she kissed his hair while caressing it.

Again the Camera moved, but now a voice came, and she said...

—————-

Puhhhhh

This chapter is more boring then the others but I had a lot of fun witting it!

Love y'all<3

Words 904