Act 2 - Highway - Chapter 14

No one could sleep that night, everyone was worried about the little girl. Carol the most, she was crying in loris arms the whole time.
The mood of the group was already bad anyway, but when Rick without Sophia came even worse.
Rick was almost losing his mind, blaming himself for this.
drenched in sweat, legs soaked with stream water and dirt all over him.
The grimes man said that he left her in a safe place and told her to wait but when he returned she wasn't there.
She was gone - lost in those deep endless woods. Rick and Daryl had gone out looking for her but they lost their trail as the sky darkened.

Lana sat on a car, looking into distance. Her head was full of worries about Sophia. She didn't deserved that, no kid did.
"Do you think we're gonna find her?"
A voice said behind her, Lana turned around to see Carl standing in front of the car, looking at her with his big blue eyes.
Lana swallowed, wondering if she should just lie, or tell him the truth.

"I hope so.." The Dixon girl spoke after a long pause.
"You should go to your mom," Lana told him, feeling loris eyes in her back.
"I guess so.." Carl replied while starting to leave.
"You were very brave today.." The black haired woman noted.
The little boy raised his eyebrows at this, not expecting to hear something like this from Lana.

"So you're like proud of me?" He asked confused.
Lana smirked at his confusion.
"Maybe..but I think your parents are too."

"So you are proud of me," He said again but this time more teasing.

"Goodnight kiddo,"  Lana said teasing too, with a smile.

"Kiddo? Is that a new nickname for me?"

"Maybe."

————————-

The next morning was all still the same as yesterday, no Sophia.
"Everyone come here!" Shane yelled to the group.
Rick spread out a large belt of weapons across the hood of an abandoned car. It was a mass of knives and blunt tools. "Everybody takes a weapon."

Andrea placed her hands on her hips, frowning at Rick. "These aren't the kind of weapons we need.
What about the guns?"

"We've been over that," Shane shot her down.
"Daryl, Rick and I are carrying. Can't have people popping off every time a tree rustles."

"It's not the trees I'm worried about," Andrea countered.

Shane ran a hand over his head, groaning at the blonde's relentlessness. "Say somebody fired at the wrong moment, a herd happens to be passing by.
See, then it's game over for all of us. So, you need to get over it."

Shane gave everyone a weapon when he wanted to give Lana one, she shook her head.
"I have my bow," she muttered to him, Shane nodded and then walked away.
She didn't liked Shane after what happened with Lori.
And how could he sleep with the wife of his best friend?

"Guys come on we're going," Rick announced as he looked at the forest.
They were walking in silence, nobody said a word.
They just prayed that they'd find Sophia.
There was no trace of Sophia, it was like she was never here.
Even Daryl struggled even tho, he was extremely skilled.

"She could be in there." Shane pointed to a tent behind some overgrown shrubbery.

Daryl was crouched down at the front, he'd been appointed their unofficial tour guide. He knew the woods better than anyone, so following him was their best option. "Could be a whole bunch of things in there."