Chapter II

Zorro's eyes had flickered open and turned his head left and right to see the warm glow of the morning sun beaming over the familiar sight of his room. As he slowly woke up, he had realized that the clashing stage between him and the SkullCrawlers had been a dream.

The red fox sighed in relief and sat up in his bed while his heart was still full of adrenaline from his "fight". Zorro stood up and thought that the dream had reminded him of the importance of the Trickster's Tail. Knowing that it's a legendary artifact with great power and significance.

Though they would quickly fade away as his uncle Rey had bursted into his room with concern and grumpiness. "Zorro! What was all of that racket!? You almost woke up the entire hallway.!" Rey exclaimed with annoyance as Zorro got startled by his sudden outburst.

"Sorry uncle Rey," Zorro apologized, "It was just another dream I had, I didn't mean to disturb anyone." Rey shaked his head in disapproval. "Let me guess, was it about that idol? Your mother had told you to stop letting it get into your head." The gray fox exclaimed.

Zorro looked down at the Journeymen pendant hanging around his neck, the design shining through the morning light, reminding the red fox of his father. "Uncle Rey, I know that you may not believe the power of the idol, but I can't ignore the dreams I've been having." Zorro explains as he gets off from his bed. "They feel so real, like they're trying to tell me something"

While still disapproved, Rey's expression softened. "Zorro, I understand that you're curious and fascinated about the idol." Rey put his paw on Zorro's shoulder. "But you have to understand that me and your mother worry about your safety, we don't want you to end up like your father who disappeared and we don't want you caught up in something you can't handle.

Zorro looked at his uncle. "Uncle Rey, I understand that you and my mother worry for me, but that won't stop me from knowing the calls of the Trickster's Tail." Zorro explained as Rey just rolled his eyes.

"You're as stubborn as your father. Fine, I'll let it pass this time, but one more time waking me up and I'll have to inform your mother and you won't be reading any fantasy books from Perla for a while." Rey told Zorro as he got ready for the day.
"Come on get your fluffy tail ready for work, we have a busy day at the Blacksmith store." The gray fox leaves Zorro's room as he puts on his casual clothing. "Yeah, you got that right Uncle Rey." Zorro says as he walks up to his bedroom door and walks through the hallway. While in his room the Journeymen pendant shines brighter and flashed into the light

A memory flashes into the light as a Young Zorro runs through the hallway with a small wooden sword, not knowing that his father Alazan is creeping up behind him. "Here comes a SkullCrawler!" Alazan exclaimed as he excitedly lifted up his son in the air and laughed together.

"Zorro, what are you doing up this late? It is way past your bedtime." The elder fox asked Zorro as he set him down on the floor. "Papa! I am going to be an explorer just like you!" Zorro told his father as he posed with his sword. "That is wonderful my boy! However a great explorer needs their rest before heading out." Alazan picks up his son and carries him to his bedroom right before Skye reaches him.

"Alazan dear!" Skye exclaimed. "Yes honey? Alazan replied with Zorro still in his paws.

"They located it on the map!"