14| The ocean & the white rose

Immortal Tears

Chapter 14•

Year : 1819
Location : Minimbah, New South Wales

" I am planing on going to see Lord Clark, Martha... I need dinner early tonight, therefore, I hope to have dinner as soon as I come back " Taking the umbrella, Edith adjusted the long ribbon of the hat with the other hand.

" Very well my lady, Your permission to prepare the carriage ? "

" No need to do such a thing...I would like to walk today "

" That far!?"

"Yes indeed... I suppose I require some fresh air"

" Very well then "

                           Without anyone noticing, the Summer in New South Wales is coming to an end. Plains full of butterflies, buttercups swaying in the sea breeze and even the laughter of little children truly brought fresh emotions to human hearts even at the end of summer season. Edith was walking very slowly on the side of the lane with a smile on her face that she hadn't shown in years.

                       Her yellow tulips colored gown mixed with white color represented the appearance of the moon. The eyes of everyone who she met on the way were drawn to this beautiful young lady without realizing it. Edith, who was walking along the cart lane, heard a familiar voice before turning to the next bend. She instantly stopped as she heard another clear charming voice at the same time.

" Of course not, Lady Himpson, I have no intention of getting married " It was not difficult for Edith to recognize Eric's voice.

" How unfortunate, very well then…If you ever get a desire to do it, I can introduce you to a suitable lady " Edith heard Lady Himpson said in a very soft voice. From that, she got sudden urge to poison Lady Himpson's tea.

" Allow me to get going, my lady " When she heard Eric's voice, Edith quickly took a few steps back, trying to indicate that she had just arrived. As soon as he turned from the bend, Eric saw Edith and looked around with wide eyes.

" Edith!? "

" Ah... Yes-I-umm- I am out for to get some fresh air " Clearing her throat, Edith quickly looked away.

" Ohhh...I am on my way to see you " Eric approached her with a charming smile, making her heart beat fast for some strange reason. As he slowly approached her, she saw the white rose that was on his hand.

" Is that so...? can I know why? "

" Not for any special reason, I just wanted to get your permission to play your piano again "