Chapter 1

Buzz..Buzz..Buzz..

My phone buzzed next to my ear on my little cupboard next to my bed, it was my 5:30 alarm I had set to get me out of bed for a rough day of work. My hair was falling out of the messy bun I had put in before I went to sleep, my feet were dragging along the floor towards the bathroom.

I had changed into an outfit suitable for my work, I worked at a very popular Café in LA called "Café Giverny" (Search it up its a real cafe and it's stunning)

Walking out the door with nothing but a water bottle, my car keys, wallet and phone. I had taken the elevator down to ground floor, my apartment wasnt to fancy, just a plain old one bedroom and one bathroom. My outfit was just a black shirt and some black dress pants, I wasn't allowed to wear any piercings like rings or earring, but I had just got my ears pierced. But working in a Café like Café Giverny was a privilege. Hell even living in LA was even better, LA is basically a rich people's neighbourhood, it ranges from celebrity's to famous YouTubers. I ran into celebrities every day, so I wasn't really surprised when I served them.

Walking through the back door, I put my phone, keys, wallet and drink bottle in my locker, I brushed my pants off putting my apron over my head and tying it behind me.

" Hey Ian! " I called out to my manager who poked his head around the corner of his office.

"Hey Matilda! Almost rush hour, get ready" Ian said sternly. I know he didn't mean to sound stern but rush hour is one of the busiest times in LA.

"Tilly, it's Tilly Ian, not Matilda. You know I hate my full name" I said as nicely as possible without sounding mean. Ian let out a chuckle, I turned the sign on the café's door to open and I stepped back, dusting off my pants once again and waited for all the people to come in.

It was about 4 hours later I had waitressed roughly 20 customers, my apron was covered in flour and coffee, at 12:30pm I was about to go on my break when I heard a familiar name get called, this name made me freeze in my tracks..