Chapter 6

The trees leant over the path, birds were whistling in the trees. I took a deep breath in as I walked throughout the forest with him. It was quiet yet loud, you could see perfectly fine now, the sun had risen, you could feel the warmth from it through the trees.

Not wanting to leave him behind I had to slow down, I wanted to get back but I also wanted to stay, it was good hanging out with Sam and Colby, mostly Sam as I haven't had much time to hangout with Colby yet. I was lost in my thoughts when I was spoken to "So you were interested in the paranormal? Have you been to any haunted locations yet?"

"No not really, I visited the cemetery near my parents house when I was younger but that's about it, I really wanna travel around visiting different places, kind of what you guys do! I think that's be so cool" I had taken a sip from the water bottle I'd grabbed before I left when it felt like someone had stabbed me in the head, I knelt over in pain as I felt a cold hand touch my shoulder "Tilly you alright? What's wrong?"

"Sam, get out the way" I spoke quickly. Sam stood there stunned "Tilly no what-". I had pushed him out the way, as I did a large tree trunk had fallen onto the path right where we were standing, as I rolled over looking at my arm it was bleeding, the side of the tree must've nicked my arm and therefore causing it to bleed a fair bit. As I sat up, I could see a familiar figure running at us

"Tilly! Sam?!" It was Colby, he had come to look for us as we weren't home when he woken up, I had covered my wound with the jumper sleeve so no one would worry. "I'm fine go check on Sam" The blonde was in the little ditch next to the path, I must've pushed him with a bit of force to him to roll that far. I stood up brushing myself up, the trunk had been large enough to crush the both of us. I took a deep breath as I walked up to Sam and Colby.

"You guys alright?" Colby had spoken to break the silence, you could hear his voice shake but I wouldn't blame him, if I almost lost my best friend I'd be scared as well. "I"m fine" Sam said standing up and brushing himself off. "Tilly are you alr- your bleeding! What the hell man!" Sam had grabbed my arm rolling the sleeve up, blood was dripping down my hand and onto the path, the wound had bled more.

"Come on let's get you back, there's a first aid kit in the car, I drove right up to the gate into this forest" Colby pointed out that he was basically to lazy to walk 700m to the forest gate, I shook my head walking closely next to Sam. We had gotten to the car and I had sat in the boot of the car which lifted up. I rolled my sleeve up allowing Sam to clean it. "This is gonna sting like hell, hold Colby's hand if you want to"

Colby stood there "WHY ME?" He yelled "she's literally gonna cut the circulation off of my hand" he held his hand out but I shook my head "I'm not that bad, I don't need to hold someone's hand, I'll just bite the hood of the jumper." Colby shrugged "suit yourself woman, that works out for me"

I had bit the hood of the jumper nodding my head 'go' for him to put the wound cleanser on. Pain shot through my arm as soon as he had poured it on the wound. I clenched my teeth on the hood as I threw my head back in pain, Sam had wiped it and wrapped it in gauze. A single tear had fallen from my eye, not because I was upset but because of the pain.

"You alright man?" He used his thumb the wipe the single tear that was staining my cheek. I chuckled standing up straight. "Yeah can we go back home? I'm really tired"

Colby had gotten in the drivers seat and Sam got in the passenger seat, when I sat down I let out a yawn resting my head on the window.

Once we'd arrive back to the house I walked straight inside up to the guest room. It was just how I'd left it the same morning I woke up, bed was messy, phone was still on charge, my Apple Watch was sitting next to the bed. I hummed to myself quietly lying down in the bed, it felt good to be able to lay down. I couldn't lay on my right side due to the scrape I got on my arm, I had to either lie flat or on my left side, I was lying on my back when I heard a soft knock on my door "come in" I knew who it was as soon as he opened the door.

"Sam, what are you doing? I thought you'd be laying down or hanging out with Colby" I propped myself up in the bed and stretched.

"I thought I'd come check on you, why didn't you save yourself? Your an idiot! You could've died!" Sam spoke up sternly he sounded annoyed until I spoke up.

"Idiot? Man who saved your life? YOU could've died as well, but hey I didn't die so that's all that matters, we both lived. If that was you that went alone you could've died, no one would've seen you until that forest actually opened at 9am. Please if you've finished scoldi-" I was cut off by Sam's embrace, I shook my head letting off a sigh then pulling away.

"God your a softy" I exclaimed "Now if you've finished your speech you can go, I need to sleep, I'm actually really tired" I yawned laying back down comfortably falling back asleep.