Chapter 49

—Hello, everyone! I've been gone for a long time since I got busy with things and some parts of my drafts were missing (I think I've mentioned it on discord, I'm not sure), and I had to rewrite everything which annoys me btw. Even so, I'm still going to update here and there from time to time. Enjoy!—
—This chapter is a bit rushed, so I apologise for some mistakes but I'd be glad if you help me by pointing it out—
—Ceasar Shift—
—Key: 3—

.

.

.

Quick recap of the previous chapter:

"Is there any way for you to stay here?" Chifuyu asked, also getting teary at the thought of the demon leaving.

"I don't really know, Chifuyu." (Y/n) quietly said, mentally panicking because she doesn't know how she'd comfort him if ever he cries. "I'll try think of a way....?"

(Y/n) doesn't really know whether there's a way to stay in contact with them, for the axolotl can only decide and interfere with the fates. She just hope that she could atleast still travel dimensions.

What she didn't know, fate have something special just for her.

“L'P VWLOO KHUH!”

"Sorry for taking up your time, I wish to have a conversation with you." Mikey greeted the other blond.

It was only Takemichi and Mikey there at the shrine. It was weird enough that (Y/n) was nowhere to be seen. Since she would usually stick to Takemichi's side or atleast talking telepathically to him.

Even so, he can't shake the feeling of being watched. It's as if someone he can't see was there. He tried to brush it off, thinking that it was (Y/n).

"Can you tell me everything about it? Everything about you coming from the future?" Mikey asked, his eyes were dead as usual.

Takemichi began telling him everything as they sat on the steps of the shrine. Mikey just quietly listened. As the two converse, Takemichi couldn't help but feel something was off. He just couldn't put a finger on what it was.

"Get up, Takemitchy." Mikey commanded, as the sound of footsteps fills the area. "Can you hear it? These are the footsteps of our Era! Endlessly trying to save everyone even when you're beaten down, you who keeps on fighting and never gives up. You have created this Era. It's your Era."

Every Toman members marched forward. Takemichi recognising some faces, like Draken, Mitsuya, Chifuyu, and others. Even Kisaki and Hanma were there.

Still, there were no trace of (Y/n) around. He wonders why she didn't come.