ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 ℑ.

In a nation far away, there lived a young ruler. There were many names for him, but there was one that stuck the most.

"The Reckless King."

He didn't really believe that he was too reckless. He made bad decisions, sure, but not enough to have such a reputation.

That was until he made one truly bad decision.

☠︎︎✍︎♕︎

I let out a long sigh, trying to catch my breath. My mind was blank. The memories of what just happened slowly coming back to me.

Fuck.

"That was..." A voice spoke close to me, sounding just as loopy as I was.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"-but... if you don't mind. I have to get back to my duties, my King."

I slept with one of my soldiers.

My right-hand man.

Fuck.

"-I told her that she was mad, but she insisted either way," he continued to speak, completely oblivious to the panic I was having.

What was he saying?

I wasn't listening.

He looked back at me, finally spotting the expression on my face. He simply smiled, heading to my side of the bed.

"I really think you should take my advice and get some rest. Look at how out of it you are."

Was I?

Was my panic obvious?

He sighed, gently cupping his hand underneath my cheek. The gesture brought me back to reality just a bit... a heavy weight tugging on my heart.

"We don't have to do this again if you're not comfortable."

Oh.

That's what he thought.

That's not-

"Thank you... I was a bit worried that you wouldn't take it well."

What the fuck?

What are you saying?!

"What made you think that? I would never force you to do anything you didn't want to. You're my muse," he responded, continuing to stare at me with that warm smile.

Any normal person would fold at that.

Was I not normal?

Why can't I feel anything towards him?

I just smiled back at him, trying to push everything deep down. My hand found his, our fingers interlocking with one another.

"It's nothing. I'm just overthinking. You go do what you need to, you know where to find me," I responded, pulling his hand away from my face.

He slightly nodded, continuing to hold my hand, though.

He slowly got on one knee, bringing my hand to his face. He planted a gentle kiss right on my middle finger, massaging the spot afterward.

"I'll be back, my king."

I was simply stunned at the action. I didn't even notice him get up to leave.

The door shut closed behind him, leaving me in silence.

Well, that went horribly.

☠︎︎✍︎♕︎

To summarize, my right-hand man and I have been having a secret affair behind closed doors. It felt... genuine now, but I originally indulged in it to satisfy myself.

I felt so guilty. Since I was in such a high position, it felt like I was taking advantage of him. After going on a few more date nights, I no longer felt that way.

But now I've slept with him.

And I no longer feel the same spark.

Is there something wrong with me?

I tried to shake it off, my footsteps echoing around the castle. I walked down a long corridor, wanting to clear my head.

There was a Rulers Summit coming up soon. It was at the end of the week, meaning I had exactly six days to panic about it.

I already had a bad enough reputation amongst the kingdoms.

I was so much younger than the other rulers, my appearance wasn't fit for a king, and I was reckless.

God, I was so reckless.

If the others found out about this affair, I think my life would be over.

Let's hope that the soldier doesn't slip up.