ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔙ℑℑ

☠︎︎

I ran through the village, holding my injured hand in hopes that I wouldn't lose a finger today.

I had to find someone.

Anyone.

Who would understand?

That's when I saw them.

A smaller person with half green hair and a bard outfit, carrying a large bag over their shoulder.

The poet.

"Al!" I called out, running towards them.

They seemed to notice my panic, their expression quickly shifting

"Oh my God, what happened?" they asked, placing both hands on my shoulders.

"I— I—"

How do I even explain this?

A slime monster came up and attacked me and my horse?

Well, that is what happened.

"Okay, you might not believe me, but you have to. Promise me that you'll believe me." I felt like crying right now, my desperation and pain hitting me like a bus.

"I promise. Just spill, you're starting to scare me." they responded, gently tilting my chin up a bit.

I took a deep breath in, deciding to just say it.

"I was attacked by... something in a pond. It grabbed my horse by the legs and is probably drowning or eating her as we speak."

They raised an eyebrow, tilting their head a bit.

I'm losing them.

Evidence.

I quickly uncovered my hand, shoving my hanging finger in their face.

"WHAT TH—" they gagged, quickly stepping away from me.

Exactly.

"Wha— What the—" they stuttered, grabbing my wrist to see it better.

My finger was turning black now. The goo mixing with all the blood. It seemed like the goo was beginning to leak into my finger like an ink. The bottom part of it was turning a bright, unnatural greyish-blue.

"Evander. You might have to lose your finger. Something is... spreading in your bloodstream. If we leave it like this and it spreads, you could turn into a zombie or something." they panicked, seeming just as worried as I was.

"I'm not losing a finger today. I can deal with it. It's noth—"

"Evander, your finger is glowing. Don't give me that I can deal with it bullshit."

I deeply sighed, realizing that they were right in this situation. I really wanted to ignore it, but I just couldn't.

"Fine, just..."

They glanced up at me, waiting for me to continue my point.

"Just take me to the king."