It Was, Now It's Not

Nyx looks around at the streets of Midway City.
Everything is trashed. Hardly any cars remain. Most of them are piles of rubble.
Everything was quiet. Nyx follows behind Floyd and Harley, who are both being led by Rick. "This rescue better be worth it." Nyx thinks.

They all stop once they hear grunting come from behind.
Nyx turns around to see
Captain Boomerang against the wall due to Katana and Slipknot trying to make an escape.

Part of Nyx feels that their completely stupid, the other part feels amused.

"Hold your fire!" Rick screams. He quickly typed in the passcode to his touch screen watch, his finger hovering over the it, searching for the app.

With one tap, Slipknot's photo looses color. A second later, his head is blown off from his body. His body flies into the window pane of the building he was trying to climb. Blood drops from his headless body.

"Now that's a killer app."
Harely exclaims, grinning.
Captain Boomerang frowns.

"Okay you wanna keep playing the Hollywood
Squares version of 'I'll blow your freaking head off'?" Rick demands.

"Are you next, Deadshot?" Floyd approached him with a stern look. "Did you just threaten me?'

"Yeah." Rick replies, crossing his arms as if he isn't affected by Floyd.

"He just threatened me."
Floyd laughs before walking away. He points at Rick once before turning back around.

"You might not want to mess with him." Nyx warns since she's standing right next to him.

Rick rolls his eyes before moving past her. "Move."

Harley and Floyd walk up on both sides of her. "I'm gonna kill him." Floyd growls under his breath.

"Better make it quick,"
Harley replies, "He's gonna kill all of us, one by one."

"I'm gonna drop Colonel, sword lady, five or seven
SEALS. After that I'm going to need some help. You two down?"

Nyx doesn't answer. One wrong move and she'll end up like Slipknot.

"Always." Harley answers instead. "What about the shit in our necks?"

"Your friend's going to help us out with that, right?"

"Friend?" Nyx questions, suddenly very interested in the conversation.

"Spread the word." Floyd commands. Harley grins before backing up a bit to tell the rest.

"Try to not kill anyone here. We need your abilities on this team."

"Here I was thinking you were my friend." Nyx rolls her eyes.

"I am. Doesn't mean you're not useful though."

Nyx smiles. Floyd returns the smile back. "Boss we got people up here." G.Q whispers into his walkie.
"I'm on my way. " Rick answers. He then leads the Suicide Squad into the direction.

They all sprint through an ally, stopping once the reach G.Q. "Shit." Rick mumbles.
He grabs his walkie. "Amanda, we got hostiles up ahead." He speaks into the walkie.

Nyx looks at the hostiles that were being referred to. She squints her eyes through the darkness to look at them.

Suddenly half the squadron leaves, along with G.Q. Nyx lifts an eye brow though no one can see it. Harley and Captain Boomerang pop up from behind Floyd and Nyx, joining in on the conversation.

"I like these odds, mate. You just say the word." Captain Boomerang grins.

"Their not human." Nyx says, her eyes still staring at the hostiles.