I Missed

Nyx snaps back to reality as
Rick explodes the cement wall in front of the squad. A staircase reveals itself and the squad trudges onward.
All but Nyx begin to climb the stairs. Nyx looks up and sees how many stair she would half to climb. "Fuck this."

She crouches and then jumps up, digging her claws in the floor to catch herself. Hops over the railing and lands beside the squad, just incase they aren't going all the way up.

"I gotta work on my cardio."
Harley Quinn pants. She then points her thumb at Nyx as she stops to take a break.

Harley then stops talking, and starts looking at the darkness that is known as the bottom of the stairs.

Floyd stops before he's about to walk past the daydreaming blonde. He looks at Nyx. "You doing this?"

Nyx tilts her head in innocence as she walks in front of the two. "Sorry to disappoint, but no."

Floyd clasps a hand on
Harley's shoulder, making her jolt and grab her pistol.
She aims it at Floyd who holds his hands up in surrender.

"Relax! It's just me."

Harley lowers the gun slowly, her breaths returning back to normal. "You ever been in love?"

"Nah, never." Floyd responds.
Harley looks at Nyx, waiting a response from her.

"I do not know, I never had the opportunity. " Nyx's response was a few seconds after.

"Bullshit." Harley calls out, switching her view between the two.

"You don't kill as many people as I've killed and still sleep like a kitten, if you feel shit like love." Floyd nods head towards Nyx. "I'm sure Nyx can relate."

Nyx only hums in response. She continues upwards, leaving Floyd and Harley to trudge up the stairs.

Harley and Floyd make it, everyone a tad breathless as they stop at another office space. Nyx jumps and lands in an empty space between the squad. She herself is breathless. Her energy, drained from jumping multiple times herself for too long.

"Better than the rest of them at least." Nyx assures herself.

"Wait here. " Rick commands.
"Please. I don't want to give this dude a heart attack."

"Oh, he's embarrassed of us!" Harley chuckles. Nobody else found the situation
funny.

Rick moved towards the end of the hall, stopping in front of a door that leads deeper into the office.

"Hey Flag!" Floyd calls out.
"This dude better cure cancer after all this shit."

Rick doesn't respond as he types in the code to the door. Nyx looks around at the squad, wondering what they thought was in there. Floyd rushes to catch the door last minute, and slips inside.

"Who could possibly be so important to risk my life for?" Nyx wonders to herself.

Floyd returns minutes later, a frown on his face. He stops besides Nyx, a scowl on his
face.

She furrows her eyebrows.
"What happened down there?"

Nyx's questions is answered once Rick emerges from the dark office room, another person behind him.

Everyone watches in shock.
"No way." Harley glares.
Amanda Waller, holding her head high, steps out from behind Rick. The squad circles her with shock and anger.

"Lets go home." Rick mumbles.

Digger nods. "Yeah, lets go home. That sounds good. You guys wanna go home? Or do you want to go back to prison?"

"I'm not going back to prison." Harley growls.

"What I'm saying is: we kill the pit of 'em now before they kill us."

Katana moves forward, about to unsheathe her sword. Amanda holds out her arm, indicating for her to stop.

"I got this." She reassures. "You all made it his far. Don't get all high-spirited on me and ruin a good thing."

Amanda holds up the phone with the app that can blow their heads off in a threatening way.

Amanda walks past them, knowing she's won this round. Killer Croc grins slightly. "I like her." He growls.

The helicopter steadies itself to land on top of the large building. Nyx stands by Rick, who's watching the squad with astuteness.

"Savior One-Zero, this is
Ground Element." G.Q calls on his walkie.

"Savior One-Zero, do you copy?" G.Q. exclaims into the walkie, interrupting once more. "Savior One-Zero the [Z's clear."

The two look at the frantic
G.Q. "Boss, they're not talking to me."

"Our bird's been jacked.
LIGHT IT UP!" Rick commands.

The helicopter spins around, revealing a man with a large machine gun. Everyone ducks behind the vents on the roof.

The King of Gotham's laugh echoes through Nyx's ears, making her cringe slightly. Nyx could no longer move as she tries to avoid the bullets.

Harley walks forward on the platform, all of the bullets avoiding her. A smile covers her entire face as she looks at her lover.

"Harley!" Nyx and Floyd call out.

Floyd tries screaming her name again, but she listens to no one. The Joker drops a rope, dangling it from the helicopter.

"KILL HER!" Amanda demands through the loud sound of the gunshots.

"HER NANITE'S DISARMED!"
Rick screams back.

"Harley, don't!" Nyx yells at the woman preparing to jump on the rope.

Harley removes her jacket before jumping off the roof and grabbing the rope. She twists around on the rope, blowing kisses at the squad.
The rain of bullets stop as the helicopter flies away.

"Deadshot!" Amanda commands. "Shoot the woman, now!"

"She ain't do shit to me."
Deadshot argues.

"You're a hit-man, right? I got a contract. Kill Harley Quinn. Do it for your freedom and your kid, or I'll get someone else." Amanda offers desperately.

"Now she dead." Floyd sighs.

He lifts his gun and aims it at the hanging Harley. Her giggles echo through the air.
He readies his finger in the trigger, and shoots.

Harley instantly went limp. Nyx knew she wasn't dead.
She wouldn't be on the rope.
Harley rises and gives another goodbye wave.

Floyd shrugs and looks at
Amanda. "I missed."

Amanda brings her walkie talkie to her lips, saying commands Nyx couldn't
hear.

A loud explosion sounds, making Nyx jump slightly.
Her claws digging into the concrete roof below her.

"Now get me off this roof."
She hears Amanda command.

They can't be dead. It's too easy. It doesn't seem the right way to go, especially for those two.

"The Joker and Harley Quinn are no more. " Amanda announces to the squadron. Nyx felt as though that wasn't true.