Chapter 11.

Five Months Later.

He was leading me out of the elevator by my arm when I stumbled over my feet. "Careful bambi." He said dryly as he steadied me by my shoulders. I rolled my eyes mentally. I may have lasted 5 months without killing you in your sleep but it doesn't mean you're safe asshole. So....by all means—continue to push my damn buttons. It's a bloody miracle I've lasted this long—I deserve a fucking medal for putting up with his shit. This man has advanced from having a pole up his ass to having the Empire State Building wedged up there as well. Since the day he's seen me naked he's been so hot and cold. Raising my hopes then burning them.

He's been buying me flowers more often and often times it's after he had lost his shit on me for the smallest things. I guess it's his  way of apologising. Like last night I accidentally left the milk out and he yelled at me. Two weeks prior he screamed at me that my side of the closet looks like a crime scene and much, much more. Arg! He's so infuriating—but I have to admit it hasn't been all bad. He made room for me in his closet—mainly because he got tired of seeing my clothes in a—mind you—a neatly folded pile on the loveseat in our bedroom. I just hate having to go to another room for clothes. Sue me! He brought me a vanity so I could do my makeup there and not mess up his sink—his words. And finally every Sunday we go on a very awkward walk with the dogs around Central Park. I can't say I expected things to change but a girl can dream. And pray fervently.

At least I have friends now. Rozline, Erica and I have gotten close and we have brunch every Wednesday and we go clubbing on Friday and Saturday nights. The girls and I bonded at a rooftop party Rozline invited me too. I have also gotten close with Kaden and we go out for drinks on Tuesdays and we talk about anything that isn't Aston related. "You can open your eyes." Aston said, pulling me out of my thoughts. I did and I gasped. Standing before me is a cielo Maserati MC20.

"Whoa." I said with a frown. My dream car? I ran my fingertips along the hood. Why would he bring me here to show me his new car? I know he definitely knows it's not for me because Aston and I have never spoken about cars. We barely speak most days. I turned to him and met his stern gaze. He stood there with his handsome, freshly shaven face. His dark green suit brought out the greens in his eyes. "You bought me here to show me your new car? Not that I'm not happy for you but it's kind of ridiculous." I said and leaned against the door. He said nothing and slipped his hands into his pockets. His head swung in the direction of the approaching footsteps, which belonged to the owner of the Plaza as he past by with his eldest daughter. The owner nodded at us and his daughter greeted us with a smile and a wave as they made their way to the elevator.

"It's yours." He said. At first, I didn't hear him but when it sunk in I screamed and jumped on him.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I exclaimed. I jumped off of him and looked at my new car before screaming again. How the hell did he know I wanted this—he must have overheard my conversation with Davide. "I can't believe you did this.....thank you so much. You didn't have to."

"I know but this way you don't have to depend on Gino."

Aw. I hugged him again and quickly stopped out of fear of him throwing a hissy fit. "Regardless of the reason,I'm grateful." He gave me an unreadable expression before clearing his throat.

"I should get to work." He said.

"Let me drive you." I cornered with a smile.

"No, I won't have a way to get home if you do."

"I'll pick you up." I suggested. "Text me a half hour or so and I'll come get you." He checked his watch and sighed.

"Fine." He said. "I'll get my stuff. Here." He said and tossed me the keys. By the time he crawled into my car beside me I had already connected my phone to the car. I turned on the engine before playing Riding Dirty and revving the engine. "Stop that. You're going to make me late." I smirked at him.