Chapter 21: Where's My Other Sock?

the real author's note: hi! I made a mistake! bill possessed dipper inside of their room instead of outside like the in the episode. sorry for the inaccuracy. enjoy the show!

***

Y/n opened her eyes and found herself lying on the ground. She stood up and let her gaze wander around, noticing a row of bookshelves lining in different directions. One was a curvy bookshelves, making the library look more like an ocean with millions of colorful books piled inside. Her legs took her forward, curious at the encounter.

Standing in front of one of the shelves, she began to slowly reach for a book she was interested in, until from a distance she heard a twinkling tune. It sounded like it was coming from a music box. Followed by that was a voice echoing, "Looking for answers, are we?"

"Here we go again," she muttered, folding her arms as she didn't have to turn to know who was annoying her.

Bill chuckled, his voice reverberating through the surreal dreamscape. "Oh, just checking in on my favorite plaything. You know, Pine Tree's getting quite fond of you. It's almost adorable."

Y/n turned to face him, her expression a mix of annoyance and intrigue. "What's the deal with this place, Cipher?"

"It's just a library, no need to think so much– gosh, all this thinking is making your mind so disorganized. You know who else's mind is disorganized?" He floated around her, his tone smug.

"Why are you even here?" She quickly changed the subject. "I just want a peaceful reading session without an isosceles triangle with a bow and top hat terrorizing my dreams."

A cane materialized in his hands, "You act like you don't enjoy our little chats."

"I don't," Y/n retorted. "I have better things to do than listen to your cryptic nonsense."

"Yeah? Like fixing the portal! Actually, you're doing great!" Bill chuckled, unfazed by her irritation. When he was met by silence, he continued with a glare. "Oh, don't be such a bore, Daisy. I'm just here to offer a little... guidance."

"Guidance? From you? I'd rather take directions from a broken GPS," she walked around, watching the books fly around the air, even jumping on it as a platform.

He followed her, easily floating himself up to her level. She was jumping across open books, reminding him of someone else. "Don't you want to see a glimpse of the future? Just think of me as your own personal oracle."

Y/n couldn't help but grow more exasperated with each encounter. "Cut the cryptic act, Bill. If you have something to say, just say it." She seemed to be belittling every word that he was saying.

"You're enjoying this, huh? Floating books? Dreams? Well, let me offer you a word of advice, Daisy." All of sudden, all of the books from the shelves flew out and began piling on one another until it formed a tornado, surrounding her with open pages flipping hysterically. "The line between reality and dreams can be quite thin, and sometimes, the things that seem impossible might be more real than you think."

Y/n frowned, unimpressed by his cryptic warning. "Is that all you've got? Some fortune cookie wisdom?" She yelled at him.

Bill circled her, his voice dripping with ominous foreshadowing. "A rift, gullible little Daisy. A tear in the fabric of your precious little town. It's coming, and it's going to change everything."

"Can't you be a little more straightforward for once?"

He chuckled, his tone casual despite the message. "Where's the fun in that? Just remember, Y/n, the line between friends and enemies can be quite thin in this town."