The Break Up (Jake Pov)

I sighed sadly as me and my now ex-girlfriend, Tara parted ways. I watched her leave my house, closing the door behind her. I know this was a mutual breakup, but this still hurts. I turned away from the front door and plopped down onto the couch, lazily. I reached into my pocket, pulling out a small box of cigarettes. I took one out of the box and reached in my other pocket for my lighter. I lit the cigarette and put the unlit end in my mouth I inhaled a puff of smoke and blew it back out. I know this isn't going to help me, but I just want to. 

I heard footsteps coming from the hallway. I turned my head slightly to look over there. Johnnie, my roommate stood there looking at me, concerned. he looked at my cigarette and immediately took it out of my hand. "What the hell, Jake! Don't do that, don't you know that stuff isn't good for you?!" he shouted, agitated. I flinched, surprised. he doesn't usually raise his voice. I looked at him, blankly and said nothing. he sighed and threw the cigarette on the ground and stomped on it, putting it out. "What's bothering you, dude." he asked, speaking quietly this time. I looked away from him and sighed. 

"you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. but I'm here for you. "He sighed, worriedly. I turned my head around to look at him again. "Me and Tara broke up." I whispered sadly. he gave me a look of sadness and understanding. he patted me on the shoulder, comfortingly. "I'm so sorry Jake." He said quietly, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I relaxed in his touch and said nothing. "You don't have to say why you broke up, but I'm here for you." He said softly. If only you could know why we broke up

Flashback: 

I've never felt so nervous in my life. I waited for Tara to show up. there's something I need to do and tell her. I finally heard the doorbell ring. I opened it, revealing Tara, I motioned for her to come inside. we both started at each other in silence. I decided to speak up first "Tara, there's something I need to tell you." I started. "there's something I want to tell you too." she said. "I THINK WE SHOULD BREAK UP." We both said. we both stood there, shocked. "W-what?" I stuttered. "Yeah." she said. "I see how you look at Johnnie. I want you to be happy." she said with a saddened expression.

 I stared at her. shocked still. "is it that obvious?" I asked quietly. she laughed a little. "Yes, you're always staring at him, and you always space out when he's near us."  she said. I looked at her guilty "I'm so sorry, Tara. I just didn't know how to tell you." she smiled sadly. "It's ok, Jake. I can't force you to love me if you already love someone else."  I smiled "Thank you for understanding." I said quietly. she nodded in response. "can we at least be friends?" I asked. she nodded "of course we can." She said happily, smiling. I smiled back at her "I'll see you another day, friend." I said, still smiling. "See you friend. invite me to you and Johnnie's wedding." She said, smirking. I blushed a deep shade of red and said nothing. 

End of flashback

 I blinked back into reality as I felt myself being smacked in the face. "Jake!" I heard Johnnie's voice yell. I turned my head to look at him. he looked at me with a worried expression. "you spaced out. are you ok?" He asked, concerned. "Y-Yeah I'm fine. I said, placing my hand on the spot where he slapped me. "Oh my god, I'm sorry Jake, I didn't know what else to do!" he said, loudly, placing his hand on my cheek. I blushed slightly at that "It's alright Johnnie, I'm not mad. It's just a slap." I said, reassuringly patting his shoulder. he relaxed slightly, removing his hand from my cheek. 

I bit my bottom lip slightly and couldn't help, but admire him. he's so fucking pretty. "I'm gonna be up in my room if you need me." I said, forcing myself off the couch, tearing my gaze away from him as I entered the hallway to where my room is. 

Edited version done.

Love you guys :)