The Aftermath (Jake Pov)

*Slight Angst*

I layed on my bed for what felt like hours. I felt no motivation to get up from my spot. I've never felt so fucking shitty in my life. I still can't stop thinking about Tara. I know I don't have any romantic feelings towards her anymore, but I still feel like a horrible person. I should have told her sooner, so she didn't have to find it out herself. things could have been different. I sighed deeply and sunk deeper into my bed. God, I feel so pathetic, moping like this.

I suddenly heard a gentle knock on my door along with a voice. "Jake?" I heard Johnnie's soft and gentle voice. "Can I come in?" He asked. finally feeling like getting up, I walked over to my bedroom door and opened it, revealing Johnnie. he walked in, looking me in the eyes like he knows something. "What's on your mind? I know your thinking about something." he said, sitting on my bed. "Its nothing." I shrugged. I don't want him to worry about me so much. 

He let out a sigh of annoyance. "Jake. you and I both know thats not true." he said, agitated at how stubborn I'm being. I said nothing, looking away from him. I felt him wrap an arm around my shoulder. "Look. whatever is on your mind, you can always talk to me." I nodded in response, saying nothing. Johnnie sighed in defeat "Alright. I'll drop it for now. but please don't be afraid to talk to me." He said before giving me a gentle hug and getting up to leave the room. 

*Time skip*

It's morning. I slowly got up and stretched. 'five hours of sleep is better than no hours.' sleeping was a huge struggle last night. there was so much thoughts going on. I still can't stop thinking about everything. I can't stop thinking about how much I probably hurt her. 'god, I have to stop thinking about her so much. Whats done is done and I should focus on myself for once.' I forced myself off my bed and walked out of my room, to the kitchen.

Once I got to the kitchen, I noticed Johnnie asleep on the couch. I laughed quietly at him, shaking my head. 'god he's so cute.' I sat down on the couch next to him and turned the TV on to watch something. (imagine anything you want) (in this story, Johnnie is a heavy sleeper) 

*Another time skip (I'm fucking lazy)*

I felt the weight on the couch shift. I looked over where Johnnie was. he was sitting up, looking at me sleepily. "What time is it?" he asked, his voice sounded rough as he spoke. I took out my phone "I'ts 3:00 PM." I said, knowing why he asked. I heard him curse under his breath. "Have you not been sleeping properly?" I asked, worriedly. he nodded his head in response and leaned on the arm of the couch. 

"Johnnie, you can't stay up all night all the time." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. he scoffed playfully "your one to talk. you were staying up late too." he pointed out. he's right. I was up almost all night, but I only managed to get five hours worth of sleep. he gets like two hours and is always tired in the morning. 

"Jake." he said, snapping me back into reality. "are you ok? you look like a lot is on your mind." he said, sitting up, looking me in the eyes. his blue eyes gazing into mine, gave me a feel of butterflies in my stomach. I just simply nodded my head in response, looking away from him 'I don't want him to see how red my face is.' He sighed "I'm still here to listen, ok?" he said, getting up from the couch, to the kitchen. 

I know I shortened this one in the edit, but I think this is much better than the first version

for those of you new readers that are confused, I'm editing the whole entire story so that the whole thing makes more sense and isn't so rushed. 

Love you guys :)