1. p.r.o.l.o.g.u.e

'Something bad is 'bout to happen to me
I don't know it, but I feel it coming
Might be so sad, might leave my nose running
I just hope she don't wanna leave me
Don't you give me up, please don't give up
Honey, I belong with you, and only you, baby

Only you, my girl, only you, babe
Only you, darling, only you, babe
Only you, my girl, only you, babe
Only you, darling, only you'

4 Years Ago [POV: Finley]
Monday 23rd September 2019

"Nah, sports aint for me"

"Not even the tryouts?" Jonah is still trying to convince me to try out for the football team, with Dami and Luca already trying out they want me on the team as well. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching sports and I'll participate during gym class, but playing a sport regularly isn't for me.

"Nope"

It's barely 2nd period and I'm already getting fidgety. Sitting at the back of Senõra Vasquez's Spanish class at 8:34 a.m., my eyes drowsy as I try to focus on the lesson. High school is middle school cubed and I hated middle school, so I already know I'm gonna hate this shit too.

The uniform is scratchy and the building is too damn big. I've only been here for a couple of weeks and I already dislike it here.

The students are weird and way too talkative for my liking, and the teachers are pissy but at least the food is good.

Jonah is the only person I speak to in this class, Dami, Dara and Luca taking French instead.

Senõra Vasquez retreats to her desk, focusing on the computer in front of her whilst the students around me begin to quietly chatter. I place my head on my wooden desk, trying to see if I can get away with sleeping in this lesson. My trick is to place my head on my desk, my pen in my hand on the paper so it looks like I'm writing but in reality, I'm dozing off.

"Dara says she gonna come and watch the tryouts after school" Jonah practically has hearts in his eyes and drool leaking from his mouth as he speaks, an obvious tint of pink on his tan cheeks.

"Course she would loverboy, her brother and her friends are trying out" I smirk lightly, emphasizing the word 'friends' reminding Jonah what they were.

I like being a villain sometimes, it's fun.

I mean this guy has been simping for years and has yet to make his move, it's only time until someone comes and swoops her away from him. I mean it's not like guys haven't tried, but it seems that every time they get close something, unfortunately, scares them off.

He should hurry though, apparently, some kid named Marcus in one of her classes has a crush on her. Or at least Dami thinks so, whoever the kid is will be in my prayers.

"Yeah whatever, she's gonna be watching me either way" I chuckle at how far gone this guy is, what a loser.

I almost hit my head on the table when a loud knocking sound comes from the class, some of the chatter dies down as Senõra Vasquez looks towards the door.

"Silencio, clase" She stands up her desk and walks towards the grey door. The class is immediately quiet, eager to see who is knocking on the door.
[Silence, class]

She opens the door, I have to stretch to see who is at the door because it doesn't seem to be a teacher. She exits the classroom, closing the door whilst talking to whoever was behind the door.

Whatever, I'm going back to sleep.

I barely get any sleep at home, I don't think I'll ever be able to sleep peacefully in that house. Too many broken memories for me to get a proper night's rest, that's why I prefer staying at Luca's or my grandparents. At least then I can get a couple of hours of sleep.