2. a.r.t c.l.u.b

'Don't think you cared about me
Oh, girl, I care about you
But you don't care 'bout nobody
Nobody but you
Don't think you cared about me
Oh, girl, I care about you
But you don't care 'bout nobody
Nobody but you'

'Don't think you cared about meOh, girl, I care about youBut you don't care 'bout nobodyNobody but youDon't think you cared about meOh, girl, I care about youBut you don't care 'bout nobodyNobody but you'

"Shiiiiiiit"

I place the blunt down on my tray, throwing my head back against the couch. My dealer just got back in town, so what better time to destress myself than at 7 a.m.

He gave me some strong shit, fuck I think I'm seeing stars.

I don't smoke as regularly as I did before, it's really only once in a blue moon nowadays.

Thinking back to those times during sophomore and junior year, I became heavily reliant on drugs due to things I don't really wanna think about.

I'm getting better though, I think I am at least.

At least I ain't convulsing because of some powder anymore.

I probably shouldn't be getting high before school but it's not like I haven't done this shit before, plus I'm usually good at hiding it.

If mom finds out though she's gonna have my ass, the one time Serena caught me smoking with Dami she gave us an hour-long lecture. When someone talks to you for so long and you're faded everything seems to be in slow motion so in reality it was being shouted out whilst seeing stars for 3 hours.

"What?" There's a loud distinct knock on my door, I recognise that knock to be none other than Aaliyah.

Instead of replying she enters with a shit-eating grin and plops straight on my bed. Her eyebrows raise at my bag of weed and blunt laid out on my bedside table, a sigh escapes my lips knowing she's gonna try and blackmail me into doing something for her.

"Hello to you best big brother in the whole world" Her tone laced with innocence as her sticky fingers begins to touch all my stuff. She's dressed in her uniform with her bag slung over her shoulder, her hair tied up in some faux locs.

At least I think that's what the hairstyle is called, Ashanti got them in junior year and she looked so pretty in them. She was talking about them to her friend in Art class, whilst I non-discreetly listened to their whole conversation.

When I got home I did some research and she put all the girls on Google to shame, that same research led to me watching her highlights on insta for the umpteenth time.

Images of perfect smile, eyes, hair, lips, nose, body engraved unfadingly in my cerebral cortex.

Her perfect everything.

I contain a smile thinking about her, before feeling a hard item hit my left temple. I look to the left at my sister trying to contain her giggles.

"What the fuck was that for Aaliyah?" I rub my temple looking to my lap to see that she threw one of my small fake plant pots at me.