Ch. 4 Bathed in Backstories

Hannibal kneeled beside the bathtub to start the water, feeling it to make sure it wasn't too cold or too hot. Y/N was just standing in the door way, waiting patiently. Or impatiently, cause she got tired of standing so she walked over to Max. She stared at Y/N cause her show was interrupted by a commercial. Y/N sat down next to her and leaned over to tell her something.

"Father is getting our bath ready," She paused, thinking about something.
"Do you remember what a bathtub is?" It made her sad that she even had to ask that, but reality is reality. Mommy and daddy never gave Max a bath, and Y/N only described and showed her what it was. Max thought for a moment then said, "Yes. Who is father?" She seemed a bit distressed and thought that Y/N meant something else and she was talking about her past father.

"Hannibal," Y/N continued, "The one we just saw. He's our new father, daddy is gone. So call Hannibal father, ok?" Max nodded as soon as she said that. Back home, only Y/N cared for her. She was the favorite among their parents, and Max knew it. It's like she never existed to them. And when she did, they continuously hit her until she stopped crying. Y/N loved Max so dearly and had to get rid of them. Actually, mommy and daddy weren't the first. Max's bully was. But that's for another story, cause Hannibal is finished getting the tub ready.

Y/N and Max heard Hannibal call out to them, so they slipped off the couch at the same time and walked over to the bathroom. They saw him kneeling on the floor with a bottle of soap in hand, facing them. He was smiling.

**TIMESKIP**

Y/N shuffled in bed next to Max, who was already half asleep. Hannibal smiled at them while taking a seat on the bed.
Y/N closed her eyes and sighed, having a slight smile knowing she chose the right parent. She wouldn't even be able to kill him.

She already loved her new home.

(363 words.)