03. 𝐭𝐚𝐠

iii

iii. "I never caught your name."
season one, episode two

𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 cans sat around the table as the group of six ate their food

𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 cans sat around the table as the group of six ate their food. Akari was silent, shy from all the new people Sakura let in.

"I feel alive again!" Chota beamed.

"Nice and hot!" said Karube.

"What were the five of you doing? When everyone disappeared, I mean." asked Shibuki.

"Walking my dog, it's how I got this. He tugged me forward and I ran into a pole." said Sakura, pointing to the red scar on her forehead.

"And you?" Shibuki asked the young girl sitting next to Sakura.

"I was-I was eating with my parents." Akari said.

Turning her gaze to the friend group, Shibuki awaited an answer.

"We were in a restroom." Arisu answered.

"All in the same stall." Chota added on.

"Why in the same one?" Sakura asked, curious as to why three men were in the same cubicle. Yet she never got an answer.

"What about you?" Karube asked, staring at Shibuki.

"I was at work. I was in the conference room doing some paperwork. And then, everyone in the office disappeared."

"Did you happen to see or hear anything at all?" asked Arisu.

"Not really. I came to this place three days ago and I was forced to play this game, just like all of you were."

"We got here a week ago." Sakura said.

"Everybody died, except for me." Shibuki finished.

"You mean, you used them as bait, right?" Karube retorted, his anger still directed towards the woman.

"Think whatever you want. All I wanted...was to survive."

An awkward silence filled the air, reminding Sakura of her first nights with Akari. "What kind of game was it?" broke the silence.