05. 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

v

v. "To reach the goal, how much further do we have to run?"
season one, episode three & four

 "To reach the goal, how much further do we have to run?"season one, episode three & four

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 of the game was slowly nearing only 10 minutes remaining. Blue button up and Sakura had stripped the trio of men from all their weapons. They walked through the halls, not caring if they were loud or not. Mostly everyone who took part of the game laid dead on the floor in a pool of their own blood.

"Do you guys really think there's only one antidote?" Akari spoke up.

"That's the thing about heart games. No one knows." The man grinned ear to ear.

"Well from what I've heard, heart games are meant to mess with you. I feel like they said that to mess with people." Sakura theorized.

"Maybe." Akari nodded, taking a seat at a desk.

"And if they aren't messing with us?" The man tilted his head.

"Then I'd kill you and leave it for Akari. She has much more to live for than any of us." Sakura shrugged as the man laughed.

"And how would you know? You don't even know me."

"Oh but I do. I know that your name is Sunato Banda. I also know that you've killed four women in the real world. But what really makes me curious is why you would save Akari."

"I like to be the one to kill my victims but then those dumbasses came and ruined everything. I had such an easy opportunity. A vulnerable little girl and a concussed woman."

By now, both adults had stood up and were inches away, their chests slightly touching. Akari had cowered away by the door when she heard Banda's backstory.

"What's stopping you now?" Sakura questioned, her voice quiet yet harsh.

Five minutes remaining. The antidote is now available.

Banda's lips curled into his infamous smirk and he waved his phone towards Sakura. "Let's go find out if we really have to battle or not." He spoke, walking past her.