04. 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐭𝐞

iv

iv. "But I won't let anybody get close to you."
season one, episode three

𝐒𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐑𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 Akari silently sat on the bottom step as they waited for Karube

𝐒𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐑𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 Akari silently sat on the bottom step as they waited for Karube. The five of them had been waiting for Karube the whole day. He had vanished to go look for something and never came back. Glancing around, Sakura could see game arenas lighting up the city.

"He's late." Arisu sighed with frustration.

"Yeah, should we just go?" Shibuki asked, shrugging her shoulders.

"No, we wait for Karube." Arisu shook his head before facing the woman.

"If we don't join the game, we could all die." Shibuki scoffed. She walked away from Arisu and over towards Chota. "Chota, let's go. They all have days left on their visa."

She pulled Chota off the stairs but Arisu moved to stand in front of the stairs. Shibuki glared at him while Arisu gave Chota a pleading look. A light shone around the place which caught Arisu's attention. He glanced down the escalator and saw his friend rushing up the steps.

"Karube!" Arisu called out.

"Sorry. I needed to get something." He muttered.

"What do you mean, "sorry"?" Chota snapped, screaming at his best friend. "Shibuki and I...For us, there's no tomorrow."

"Why, what's going on? Don't be angry." Karube spoke.

"We're wasting time. Let's go." Arisu tiredly sighed. He shoved Karube over to Chota and the man helped his best friend off the remaining steps.

The group of six all left the building, none knowing it would be the last time three of them ever did.

★★★

Upon the game arena everyone felt their body shake with anxiety. None of them knew what was waiting ahead of them and didn't want to find out. Though they unfortunately had to.

They all walked closer to the brightly lit building and paused right outside, taking a look. Continuing into the building, Sakura and Akari trailed behind everyone, neither wanting to be there. They had only agreed to tag along because Akari wanted to support Chota.