06. 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

vi

vi. "Sakura was right."
season one, episode four

"season one, episode four

Distance, 5,000.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 loud tune chimed from their cellphone, updating them on their status. They had been running for a long time and Sakura was ready to give up.

"Hey. What's that?" Seizan questioned, noticing something in the distance.

Along the side was a large table covered in water bottles. The light shining on it was a clear white unlike the yellow lights that surrounded the tunnel.

Replenishment Station

"We made it."

Seizan reached for a bottle but Yamane caught his hand. Who knows what could've been done to the waters? It could've been a sabotage to slow them down. Arisu grabbed onto a water bottle, obviously not thinking straight. Guess he didn't fill up the bottle Usagi left him.

"Wait. Hang on a sec." Sakura halted, grabbing Arisu's arm.

"Eh?"

"You're waiting for us to drink it, aren't you?" asked Sakura, staring at the new people.

"No, we're not." Yamane spoke.

"Drink this." said Usagi, handing Arisu her bottle of water.

Akari pulled out theirs from Sakura's bag and chugged some before handing it to Sakura. Arisu had handed Usagi's bottle to the men, leaving her with none as they selfishly drank it all. Claiming they forget she didn't get any, Sakura shook her head and handed Usagi hers.

"Thank you." Usagi nodded, smiling at the woman.

"No problem."

Their break had ended and Akari had stuffed the bottle back in the bag. The running began again and Sakura thought the break would've helped ease her nerves but they only grew more intense.

Their journey had led them to a part of the tunnel that held no light. The tunnel was dark but not too dark to the point where they couldn't see.

Distance, 6,000.