Chapter 5

The next morning I wake up, go to eat breakfast with the servants and then get led to a carriage.

"You'll be leaving today to get there the day before your meeting with his majesty." The Marquis says. I nod and a bear cub comes lumbering out of the forest. The guards tense.

"Wait." I say and walk towards the child instinctively knowing this is my companion." I see his mother's eyes peering at me from inside the woods.

"Hello." I say softly. She rumbles and takes a step out. By this time her child has reached me and leans against me. I gently pat him.

"Let's say goodbye to your mother." We walk together and she takes a few more steps out and we meet.

"Nice to meet you." She opens her mouth and shockingly a voice comes out. "Hello daughter of Sarame." I smile.

"What are your names?" I ask.

"My son has no name, but I am Mia."

"What will you name him?" I ask. She shakes her head as he ambles back to her. She pushes him to me.

"You will name him since he will be your companion." She says and another baby bear peeks out at me from behind her.

"It's time for me to go back. Tell me his name next time we meet." She says then lumbers away pushing her other child.

The audience with the King is in a week so the horses were made to run at a breakneck pace. I'm just relaxing the entire time thinking of a name for my baby bear. Sort of want to call him Bernstein, or Smokey.

"What do you think of the name Adonis?" I ask suddenly. He tilts his head.

"I want to call you Adonis. What do you think?"

"Whas the meanin?" He asks cutely.

"A very handsome man." I say simply. He blinks his little eyes at me then lays partially on my lap.

"I'll try to live up to it." He says softly. I slowly pet him and we eventually drift off to sleep.