Chapter 1

"When are you going to stop pining over him, Zhu?" My friend, Iris asked the dumbest question ever.

"Quite literally when the sun falls from the sky and lands in my palm" I replied as I shut my locker and rested my back on it, gazing into the deep blue eyes of Levi, star quarterback and Glaze View High's King.
I know you might be thinking how cliche but you haven't seen him. I swear you'd fall head over heels. With his golden brown hair styled so carelessly but so attractively, Ugh!

How can one person look so good? With the outline of his muscles almost tearing his white tee. Some nerdy girl just bumped into him spilling her coffee on his shirt, making it see through. I swear this is a scene out of a movie.

"Good heavens, snap out of it!" Iris exclaimed once again ruining my good view with her bulging eyes and freckled face.
"Sheesh, get lost" I replied grabbing her face and moving her to the side just about ready to continue my daydream, but the bell had to ruin the moment. It's like the world was against me.

"What do you have first period?" Iris asked like she didn't already know.
"Oh wow, rub salt in my wounds. The 1 out of 100 classes I don't have with Levi Ford" I know, Ironic name.

"Let's just get to class" she said rolling her eyes. "Who fucking has gym first period on a Tuesday?" I asked exasperatedly.

"You and I" she belted and I rolled my eyes. We sat on the bleachers like the lazy toads we were while others ran, Coach Everest couldn't even give a damn, that's why he's my best teacher.

I gazed at the track as I saw Rehan a.k.a Levi's best friend running on the track, seeing him just put a light bulb on my head.

"Iris Iris Iris Iris" I said as I repeatedly shook her. "What?! I'm right here" she exclaimed
"I just got the best idea ever" I said
"Okay I don't like the sound of that".

"Levi Ford can finally be mine" I said with dreamy eyes.
"Now I know this is a bad idea" she said as she pulled me out of the gym.

*********************************
School was finally over and it was my time to strike. I walked over to the bike parking. As I slowly whistled and shook my leg back and forth, intentionally.

After a while of doing this, he finally noticed me.
"Zhuri? What are you doing?" Rehan asked
"Oh hey Rehan, didn't see you there" I said turning fully towards him.
"Hmm. I can tell" he said with his voice dripping of doubt.

"So ummm what's up?" I asked and he looked at me "What do you want Zhuri?" He asked like he had somewhere else to be, scoff.

"This is a public space and I'm here to take my bike. I just wanted to talk to you since you seemed out of it" I lied through my teeth.
"You don't have a bike" Shit. "Okay fine. I need your help" I grunted and all he did was raised a brow.
"I need a tutor" I breathed, still lying though. "You have all AP classes. Am I supposed to believe that you need a tutor?" He stated matter of fact.

I wasn't a nerd or anything but you need good grades to get into an actual college and I wasn't going to throw that away because of highschool stereotypes.

"Yes I am but I'm falling behind. So I need your help. Are you going to help me or not?"
"For someone who needs my help you're a bit rude. Don't you think?" He asked with an amused smirk. "Please?" I said in an overly fake sweet voice.

"Now that's more like it. I'll think about it" he said as he walked away. "Whatever" I muttered as I slipped to my truck, my plan was coming to life.