Chapter 2

Rehan
"You know you should just talk to her already" Levi said as we sat on a bench in the park, school was over already and we decided to chill for a bit.

"Talk to who?" I asked, acting oblivious "Zhuri,you dumbass"
"Yeah? And say what?" I asked, as I slowly bounced the ball in my hands.

"Eventually, you're going to have to man up and tell her you like her" he said
"I wouldn't say I like her" I coughed out.
"Sure that explains why you stalk all her social media accounts without following" he laughed.

"Shut up, man" I said as I throw the ball at him but damn his quick reflexes as he caught it. I was a bit skeptical when Zhuri walked up to me yesterday, I've had a crush on her since forever but it's no news that she likes Levi and he has absolutely no idea, how dense.

Levi is like a brother I never had even though I do have a brother but like he's an annoying little shit, I love him though.
"Hey let's stop at my house. Dad invited you for dinner" I said and he nodded with a grin as he slowly rubbed his stomach. My dad's a chef and not gonna lie his food was finger licking good but years of eating it kinda made it loose it's spark not for Levi though.
"Glutton"
"Hey, call it whatever you want but I'm taking leftovers" he replied back
"I doubt there would be any leftovers when you're there" I replied back and he laughed.

We were finally making our way home and I dumped my bike in his trunk and we headed for my house.
"Dad! Hakim! We're home" I called out as we walked in. "Take off your shoes" I said as I nudged Levi. It's like I had to remind him all the time.

"Come help me set the table, your Mom will soon be home" Dad said in Arabic from the kitchen. In case you couldn't already tell I'm half  Arab. Dad found it hard to speak English though, not like he couldn't but it was a force of habit so I always had to remind him that we had visitors at home who can't understand Arabic.

"I'm coming, Levi is here dad" I said and walked into the kitchen with Levi hot on my trail. My dad's face split into a grin as soon as he saw Levi and he pulled him into a bone crushing hug and I cringed, imagining the state of his organs.

"Where's Hakim anyways?" I asked rhetorically "oh so you ask about him and not me?" My brother, Kadeen asked.
"Oh come here" I said as I grabbed him and ruffled his hair. "Hey! let go of me" he started screaming like a suffocated dog. "No, can't do" I replied as I started tickling him.

"Okay. Cut it out  and help me set the table" Dad said as I nodded before letting  go of Kadeen and joining him and Levi. Setting the table was quick as dad had already finished making dinner.

We were all seated when mom walked in, she was a little late though.
"Join us for dinner when you're through" Dad said to her but she ignored him and walked up the stairs, I didn't have a perfect family and that sure was evident. Things weren't always like this though, there was a time when things were good and we were one big happy family though Kadeen was too little to remember that.

Unfortunately, dad ruined everything, he cheated. And our family has been broken ever since, he has tried so hard to make things work but they just weren't and I think the only thing that is keeping them together is Kadeen and I. Mom became a workaholic, spending most of her time at work, she let what happened between her and dad come between the love she had for her kids and even though I know that's not true it gets harder to believe.

"Excuse me" dad said and we all nodded before continuing our dinner like this was all normal, well it kind of was. We could already hear their voices as they began their endless banter.

"How can you go from having rock hard abs to a giant pot belly?" Kadeen asked in shock as he poked Levi's stomach.
"It's food man, it's all food. See what it does to me." Levi lamented and I just snorted at both of them before grabbing my phone.

(A/N: Rehan for R and Zhuri for Z)

R: I'll do it.
Z: uhhhhhhhh.
R: I'll tutor you. My place Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Z: Rehan? How'd you get my number?
R: 🤫secret. Now go to sleep.
Z:🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️goodbye.

"Ho! What's got you blushing" Levi said as he stood beside me on the couch.
"Yeah, what's got you blushing" Kadeen backed up trying to peer into my phone.

"Nothing, now get lost" I said hugging my phone to my chest but Levi was fast as he quickly grabbed it.

"Ooohh, Rehan and Zhuri sitting on a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g" in he started singing and Kadeen followed along.

"Sometimes I wonder who's brother you are" I grunted, heading to my room.
"Levi, get the hell outta my house" I called out halfway through.

A/N: I am not Arabic in any shape, form or way so excuse me if I presented them wrong, also they're mixed.