Chapter 4 Give me time

Danielle's POV

"I feel really angry at that tall woman! She was so rude! Thank goodness I won't have to see her again," I thought to myself.

Letting out a loud sigh, I looked down at my phone and realized it was already 7 PM.

"Time to go home, I guess." I stood up, waved goodbye to all my workers and exited my bakery shop, heading towards my car.

______

As I arrived at my mansion, I parked my car in the garage. I saw my dad's car in the garage as well.

"My dad came home early today. Maybe he's going to say something to me.'' I muttered to myself before going out of my car."

After that, I opened the door and went to the living room. My dad was already sitting on the sofa, waiting for me.

"Sit down," my dad said with a cold tone, just as he always did. I did as he asked and sat down on the sofa across from him.

"Dani, I have something important to tell you, but you have to promise me that you'll accept it," my dad said, his expression now serious as he looked me straight in the eyes.

My heart began to race, and I felt my hands begin to sweat. "What is it, dad?" I asked, my voice trembling slightly in anticipation.

My dad let out a sigh and said, "Dani, you're going to get married." With a serious tone, he looked straight into my eyes as he spoke.

As the words settled in, I felt my heart drop. I wanted to let out a scream but the shock paralyzed me. My mind was racing with thoughts and emotions.

After a moment, I finally spoke, "No, no, no, dad... this can't be true. This has to be a joke, right?" I forced out a fake laugh, trying to convince myself that this was all a mistake.

My dad continued, "Dani, I know this is a lot to take in, but I need you to understand that this is not a joke. It's been arranged for you to marry my friend's daughter.

My dad sighed and said, "I understand that this is difficult for you, but it is the truth. Your marriage has been arranged with my friend's daughter, who is the CEO of a major company. In addition, she is one of the most successful CEOs in the world with her company being one of the largest and most successful in the world". While the focus is not solely on financial gain, your union will allow my company to continue to thrive and grow in the future. You and your partner will be able to own and operate the business together, just as I have done all these years."

"If our two companies were to merge in the future, it would undoubtedly result in a significant increase in workload and a corresponding need for greater time commitments. Given that I am not as young as I once was, it is becoming increasingly important for me to ensure that the responsibility for overseeing the company's success is passed on to capable hands."

"That's why I want you and your future partner to work together in the future to ensure the longevity and prosperity of the company."

My dad continued, "Dani, I know this is a hard decision to make, but it's necessary. You're marriage to my friend's daughter is only for a period of three years.

During that time, I hope you two will work closely together to understand the business and build a strong relationship.

If you aren't able to work together within that timeframe, the marriage could be extended. Additionally, if you and your future partner have a child, that child would be eligible to work for the company in the future, ensuring its longevity and success."

"Dad, I appreciate your offer and I understand the potential benefits of this partnership, but I need some time to think it over." I said with serious tone.

"This is a big decision with a lot of implications, and I don't want to rush into anything that could affect my future so suddenly.

"Can we set aside some time for me to think about this and discuss it with you further? I promise I'll give you an answer as soon as I can."I said this with a tone of disappointment, as I felt the weight of my dad's expectations bearing down on me.

I needed space to think and breathe, and I hoped my dad would respect that.

"If that is what you want, then fine. I'm willing to give you one week to think it over. However, after that, it will be time to proceed with the arranged marriage. I hope you understand the importance of this decision and make a choice that is best for the future of our company."
My dad said, his voice firm and serious.

I added,"Dad, I get where you're coming from, but I'm not ready for marriage yet. I'm only 19 years old and I want to enjoy my youth with my friends. Can we talk about this again later when I've had time to really think about it?" My voice was firm, conveying my willingness to stand up for myself and my desires.

My dad looked at me with sympathy, "Dani, I understand that you're young and you want to enjoy your life with your friends, but this is an important decision that you cannot afford to delay. It is crucial for the company's future that a responsible and capable individual is chosen to lead alongside me."

"I understand that it is a lot of pressure, but I assure you that it will be worth it in the end. Your future partner will be a capable and hard-working individual who will be a great asset to the company. I hope you understand the importance of this decision and will take it seriously."

My dad added, "It's okay, you have one week to think about it. Don't stress yourself out over this."

I sighed and nodded, even though I still didn't fully agree with this.

My dad stood up and said, "If anything comes up, just let me know. I'm headed back to the company. See you."

I didn't reply and got up as well, making my way to my room to process everything that had just happened.

To be continued....