Chapter 11 Tease

Haerin's POV

After several hours of conversation, I was relieved to be done with this client. I don't even know how long is she going to keep conversing with me. It's been four hours. Poor me.

I gave her a fake smile as best I could and waited for her to stop talking. I couldn't understand why she kept smiling at me as if I were the most charming person in the world.

Once the conversation was over i feel really happy but then she asked, "Hey Haerin.. we'll be meeting again in London, right?" Her tone a bit flirty and i wasn't surprised.

I nodded. "Of course, Ms. Won. We'll be taking the next step on this project in London, and we'll discuss the other things with another friend of mine as well. I believe that's everything we can end the meeting now."

"Awh..wait just ten more minutes, please? I have something else to tell" she begged. "And we'll be done." It sounded like she really wanted to talk with me. I let out a soft awkward laugh after she said that.

"Sure and why not, right?" I replied. "What is it, Ms. Won?"

She started talking, and I quickly realized that the topic was not of interest to me. I feigned interest as best I could, but my mind kept wandering.

Then, I spotted a familiar face and it's Danielle in the distance. I don't know why but this is second time we met here,in this bakery shop. I wonder why but its fine since it didn't bother me too much.

She made her way to a table across the room from mine while carrying her laptop. I know she's already saw me and pretending not seeing me.

I tried my best not to make my actions too obvious, so I kept my gaze focused on Ms. Won as she continued talking, even though I felt forced to listen.

I noticed that Danielle looking at me. "Why does she keep looking at me?" I wondered. "Doesn't she realize how silly she looks right now?"

I glanced over at Ms. Won, whose monologue seemed to have no end. "How much longer is she going to talk?" I thought to myself. Oh my goodness. Sighing in frustration.

"How about you give me your number?" she asked, holding out her phone. "We can keep in touch about work-related matters and other things too.."

I felt a twinge of hesitance as I contemplated handing over my number. "Yeah.. why not it's work things right" , forcing a smile. "Here". I quickly rattling off my phone number as she typed it into her phone.

She looked so happy after I gave her my number. I wondered why, but as long as she didn't disturb me, it was fine.

Ms. Won suddenly took my hand and looked deeply into my eyes. "Thank you and you know what Haerin? I'm going to miss you. Goodbye Haerinn"
She stood up and waving goodbye.

"You're welcome" I said, smiling back at her as I waved goodbye as well.

After Ms. Won left the shop, I felt a sense of relief. I didn't want Danielle to misjudge what had happened earlier.

I took out my phone and started to chat with Danielle. I hoped she wouldn't feel embarrassed that I had seen her earlier.

Me:

I saw you

Danielle:

WHATTT! im- shut up. shut up

As I saw her expressions through chat, I let out a soft laugh. I stood up and made my way over to her. She covered her face with her hands, but I couldn't help but smirk as I sat down in front of her. It was just a friendly tease,nothing much.