Chapter 7: Roses are Blood Red

"I thought you said it would be months until we would be graced with your presence." Raven stated dryly, blinking her eyes to adjust to the darkness.

"It seems that you have really gotten yourself into quite the predicament child. Those rat bites, I never pegged you as one to desire attention," the sorceress replied.

"I didn't plan getting attacked by a rat." She whispered defensively, her violet eyes never leaving the woman. "Why are you here?"

"Oh dear, I can do as a I please. Unlike you and your husband, I do not have rules to abide by." Madame Laveau smirked slyly as she gazed down at Beast Boy. "Wake up son." She tapped him lightly with her boot. "This concerns you as well."

"Huh..." Beast Boy mumbled incoherently, upon opening his emerald eyes he was startled to see the sorceress staring at him. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"That is no way to treat a guest!" She shook her head in utter disgust. "No way at all."

"Why are you here?" He repeated clearly annoyed that she would not answer his question.

Madame Laveau got up from her seat and walked casually around the room picking up pictures and studying them carefully. "Well, I was in the neighborhood." She laughed merrily. "But all kidding aside, as I said before I have rules for the two of you. My apologies for not remembering to tell you these before."

"Rules?" Raven questioned just as annoyed as Beast Boy.

"Oh yes Miss Raven, or should I say Mrs. Logan." The young woman felt her skin crawl, the woman's saccharine tone was unnerving. "Not only was your attention driven scheme an issue with me, but your sleuthing is becoming a problem. No more."

"Are you afraid?" Raven raised an eyebrow.

"Hardly, I am a Voodoo Queen my dear, I pride myself in remaining within the shadows. You've already discovered too much. However I do find it peculiar that you do not wish to share your findings with Mr. Logan." She grinned wolfishly.

"Garfield," Madame Laveau turned towards the young man, "did you know those rings of yours...they cannot be taken off...although, if you succeed in doing so, you will be stuck in this life forever? I'm sure your wife did not inform you of this, did she?" Beast Boy looked up at Raven, she was staring down at her lap

"No, she didn't." Raven's secrecy, and finding out the truth from the sorceress hurt Beast Boy.

"Communication and cooperation are important in any marriage. On that note, what sort of living arrangements are these? You force your husband to sleep on the floor? This will no longer suffice. From now on you both share one bed."

"No!" Both said in unison. The pair's faces turned equal shades of crimson, neither one could look at the other.

"This is not an option. I am sorry but if these rules are not obeyed be prepared for serious ramifications." Madame Laveau winked.

"Well this is all I had to discuss. Get well child. Oh, and if either of you go looking for those books or that Voodoo shop, you will not find them. Good day!" With that, the woman vanished in thin air leaving nothing but a thick layer of dust on their wooden floors.

There was a long silence before Beast Boy stood and looked down at his wife. "So when were you going to tell me about the rings?"

Raven continued to look at the blanket covering her legs, refusing to meet his gaze. "If you went along you would have found out, but you were too busy."

"I was tired! I just got home from work!" Beast Boy protested.

"We aren't going to have this fight again." The young woman said calmly.