Chapter three:

As I saw the curve coming closer, I knew i had to cut into it, as one: I lived in that direction, and two: I was driving  at high speed and having fun. Being pressed to the side of a car from the sheer force of the turn is quite flattering. Especially if the car makes that wonderful squealing noise.

I saw from the corners of my eyes how he was gripping onto the edges of his seats, swallowing heavily. He looked like the type of guy who could do all sorts of tricks on a motorcycle, but he clearly hadn't had the chance to have fun on it. After a while, we arrived at my house, him leaving the car panting. "You mad woman. That outfit of yours and your innocent looks are quite deceiving." He chastised, fisting the hem of his shirt as he spoke.

I simply smiled and opened the trunk, inclinig my head towards it. He knew what to do and immediately got back to work. He grabbed the bag of soil, hailed it onto his shoulder and waiter for me to grab the other things before going up to my door, patiently waiting for me to unlock it. I grabbed the bags into one hand, juggling the keys around in my free hand as I searched for the right one. Once I did, I easily inserted it and went inside, waiting for the guy to enter before closing the door behind him.

"Ok, so I want you to take off your shoes. I have gardening boots and some crocs from my dad who sometimes comes over right outside on my porch anyways  so you can use those momentarily." I spoke as I slipped out of my flats, rushing into the living room with just my socks on, sliding over two the door with a delighted giggle. I loved doing that whenever I went home.

He watched me, following what I did. I ended up bursting into laughter as I watched him slip and fall when he tried to stop. He just looked up at me, and we were soon laughing together before he got back up again. "Alright, let's get this over with." He said, suddenly motivated.

I giggled, calming down from the laughing fit as I left him outside, showing him the crocs while I slipped my feet into my knee-high rubber boots. Then, we were both standing before my garden, me already calming down at the mere smell of the herbs and plants. He also seemed to be calmer, staring at the lush greenery before him. I walked inside, telling him to rip the bag open ad place it into the compost crate on the far left, which he did. While he was busy, I placed away all the other things.

What I didn't notice was that he was looking at me. Or well, my raised behind as I was bent over to place away the smaller pots into the cabinets.

"You've got some cake." He spoke confidently. But, being as stubborn as I was, I didn't get what he meant and replied with: "No, but I can make one if you'd like?" I turned back around, smiling at him and thanking him for the job well done.

I frowned a bit as his face turned red, moving to plant the blueberry stump I bought from the store. I already had a fully blossomed blueberry tree, but they were my favorite fruit, so I had to get more.

"..Sure, I wouldn't mind." I quickly finished planting it, walking over to him once everything was nice and neat again. "Alright then! In the kitchen we go!" I pushed him out, going back over to my porch where I took off my shoes and watched as he did the same, walking into the house and sliding to the kitchen. Every week I clean the floors and make sure to leave them nice and neat, perfect for sliding. He seemed like he trusted himself more, so he also did it. Surprisingly, he didn't fall. "Good job!" He smiled at the compliment.

I then turned back around, reaching up for the cupboard to retrieve the ingredients for a cake. I managed to get most of the things, but the flour just had to be on the top shelf where I couldn't reach. I knew who the culprit was, and no matter how many times I'd told him, he would always forget. I sighed, turning to rhe man, who's name I hadn't yet gotten, and looked at him helplessly. "I sorry uh..-"