Chapter 9 ♡

Akutagawas POV:

"Will you model for me?" Atsushi asked looking me directly in my eyes. "Pardon?" I replied struggling to comprehend what has just been asked of me.

"Ah, sorry. If you find that uncomfortable you dont have to do it obviously" He said, I was still dumbfounded, he want me to model for him? seriously?

I realised it had been quiet for a while and replied.. properly this time "No, I want to I just... wasnt expecting you to ask that" He smiled at this and proceeded to drag me out of bed before leaving the room telling me to get dressed.

After I got changed Atsushi led me to his studio, when I walked in I saw a ton of canvases that had been painted on but ruined? Perhaps because Atsushis been struggling with inspiration..

"Here, you can sit in this seat while I go figure out what props and stuff we could use.. unless you wish to come with that is." I heard Atsushi call from the other side of the room, I quickly said id come with. Id rather not be alone.

3rd Person POV:

Soon enough they had retrieved the props and made their way back to the studio, setting them up and figuring out how Akutagawa should pose.

Akutagawa currently had a headband on that had black sparkly horns on them that Atsushi had had since Halloween a couple of years ago. He had an outfit change and was now wearing a black suit with gold patterns on it, a book in hand and to top it off a makeshift cigarette made from paper.

The older of the two was sat in the chair from earlier, posing. It was a simple pose, he sat with one leg over the other, head to the side looking at the book as if he were reading it, his other hand holding the fake cigarette to his mouth.

To Atsushi the man looked perfect, like he was god himself.

Atsushis POV:

I sat at the Easel that currently had a fresh blank canvas on it. Starting with a simple sketch I got the right position and proportions then I started on adding in the props then on to the smaller details.

Once I had finished the sketch it had been a couple of hours. "Thank you for this, Akutagawa. You can stop posing now that ive got the sketch down.. ill probably paint it tomorrow" I said smiling at the man across from me as he let out a sigh, slouching and untying his legs.

"God, how can people do that?" He said and I just chuckled a bit. "Maybe they just have better posture than you" I said in reply and Akutagawa just scoffed.

"Well I suppose we better get lunch?" I asked and he nodded, standing up slowly. I laughed as I said "You look like a grandpa trying to stand up"

"Rude." He said rolling his eyes, I just smiled at him..

3rd Person POV:

Soon they were in Atsushis kitchen making their lunch talking about anything and everything, laughter and chatter drowning out everything else that was happening.

The both felt content with the others presence, they both felt safe.

As they sat and ate Atsushis thoughts started to swirl, he knew he liked Akutagawa but something was playing on his mind... was it a friend way or...romanticly?

They soon finished, the black haired man said he had to get home to his sister before they complained, with that they said their goodbyes and Akutagawa left the youngers house.

Now Atsushi was alone with his thoughts and could actually think about them in depth. He thought about their meeting and then the couple of days they had messaged, then the day they met up, the stay at Akutagawa house and finally today.

Before he knew it the grey haired boy was back at his studio staring at the rough drawing he did a few hours prior before walking over and picking up a paint brush and starting to paint it.

Emotions flooded his brain with every stroke of the brush, every stroke making the painting come to life more and more.

Atsushi added little details, paying close attention to any mistakes, adjusting them to make the proper corrections where they were needed.

Every line and every dot was precise.

This was the best painting Atsushi had ever made.

"I like Akutagawa.."

______________________________________

Word count: 739

A/N: Hey again! Another cliffhanger 🤭
I hope you enjoyed this part, I know it was late, im trying my best to update on time but school and my mental health has taken a toll but I enjoy making this so I will hopefully post the next part on time (Next Wednesday)

Good Night/Day ❤