Chapter 7: We Got Powers

Kiyama POV

The next day I got dressed for school. I decided on this green spaghetti strap tank top with this cool butterfly lace thing, some tan cargo pants, and my olive Nike dunks. It was gonna be a good day, I could feel it.

I left outside my house and started heading to school. It was a nice day out. The sun was high in the sky, clouds could be seen in there was a light breeze, after yesterday I decided I would hang by myself. Something about walking to school on a nice day puts you in a good mood. After what happened yesterday a lot of things were put in perspective, especially how I felt about certain people I called "friends''.

I realized I didn't like Aiyaary, I guess I never had. I'm just good at keeping things to myself, unlike her. The things she said yesterday were horrible. I don't want to be around someone like that. What would make her say those things? You know what, I don't care. It was gonna be a good day.

I got to school and stood outside of the tall old building. This place filled me with dread. But what teenager liked school. I was going to my homeroom class when I got stopped by some people. It was those three girls from yesterday, they looked like they were up to no good. I couldn't help but wonder what the fuck they wanted.

"Well look who it is girls, Kiyama,'' one of the girls spoke first, in a mocking tone.

"Cut the bullshit, what do you want?" I stated blakely. I didn't have time for their shit. I just wanted an easy day, no drama, no stress.

"Whoa why so hostile, we haven't even got the chance to introduce ourselves." Another one said with a smile that made me uneasy.

I just rolled my eyes and waited for what they had to say "I'm Hamira obviously, and these are my besties Nakamura and Akubane '' the one called Hamira stated.

It seemed as though she was the leader of their little group. "Alright I know your names, now what do you want?" I said while trying to walk to class

"Hold on there girl, we just wanted to tell you something we noticed while we paid you and your little friends a visit" Hamira said with her hands on her hips. I said nothing and waited for them to continue

"We figured out that your gem is cracked," she said, getting straight to the point.

I was shocked, I thought I was the only one that noticed. I had to play dumb so they wouldn't try anything slick. But my mind was racing trying to figure out how they found out.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said.

The looks they gave me burned through me. Their gaze is like acid on my skin. Like they knew I was lying, and was trying to pull it out of me, them knowing I was lying could only mean trouble.

"Don't act dumb we saw it" Hamira's voice got louder. It echoed through the hall. I had an urge to run. I felt conflicted.

"So what if it is cracked then what are you gonna do?" I asked.

I needed to know what they were planning. It's not like they can take it from me anyway. But still the situation made me panic. I didn't know what they would do. I just didn't want the rest of the group to find out. Katsu would never love me if he knew. He would think I was bad. If the group knew I would be alone.

"Let's make a deal," Nakamura said. "You can either A, Join us and get stronger to take your friends down. Or B, We can tell them your gem is cracked and that you were gonna use it against them," Hamira started then looked at their friends. " In case it's not enough motivation we can always add that it was your plan to take them down like we're going to do either way. take your pick sweetie." she finished giving me a twisted smile. And in that moment I knew that smile was gonna hunt me forever.