Chapter 2: The big day

Aiyaary POV

     Of course, on the very first day of Sophomore year, I woke up 30 minutes late. I hit my alarm and lay in my bed for a little longer. When I open my eyes the bright light from the sun is shining right through and towards my bed, nearly blinding me, and it makes me a little angry. I let my eyes adjust to the bright light and scan my room.

My room is painted all purple with black and white accessories. I look over to my alarm and see that it's 8:30. I  jumped out of my comfortable bed and, damn I thought. I threw my covers over my bed where I was laying.

My sheets were purple and white, like the rest of my room. When I adjusted to finally waking up, I ran to the dresser and grabbed this half-black half-white crop top with black shorts. I went to put on my air force ones, but they were nowhere to be found. I grabbed my book bag and ran downstairs without shoes and gave my feet carpet burn. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom at the stove cooking. She was wearing my dads shirt and it nearly made me barf. They liked pretending they were happy. I walked over to her and grabbed a piece of toast. She smiled and pointed to the living room. I turned my head to see a pair of socks on the table with my shoes on the floor next to them. I smile at her and run to get them.

Our house looked different on the inside from Nai's. Our kitchen had an island in the middle with a stone counter. The fridge was next to the back door. We had a little pantry and across from where my mom was standing was a clear view of our small living room. There was a decent sized wooden table in the middle with my dads lazy boy chair and a long couch for guests which they rarely let me have and a flat screen which only I would watch with my friends, mostly Nai and the others.

I got all my stuff and ran outside, I hoped my friends hadn't left me behind. When I got outside I saw Naomi and Maelyn sitting on the curve waiting for me.

"Sorry y'all, I slept through my alarm" I said all out of breath "It's fine, your parents brought us breakfast," Naomi said.

They got all their stuff and we walked down the street to where Hikari and Katsu's house's were. We've all lived in the same neighborhood since we were very young, and that's how we became friends. Naomi and Mae shared a front yard, and so did Hikari and Katsu, and I lived at the end of the street. As we started approaching their driveways we could see Katsu and Hikari waiting on us. Katsu spotted us first and ran over to give Nai a hug.

"So we ready for the first day?" he asked us. "I'm kinda nervous not gonna lie," Mae said while looking at her shoes. "No worries, new year, same people" Nai said and we started walking.

No worries, new year, same people" Nai said and we started walking.

Maelyn POV
We all started walking and talking, trying to catch Katsu up from over the summer.

"Did you run into our favorite girls?" Katsu asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Well if you mean who I think you mean then no, they went on vacation, and let's hope they stay there" Aiyaary said as our bus pulled up.

On our ride to school my friends chatted a little while I kept stressing about my classes. It was only the first day and my dad was already on my back, and don't even get me started on new teachers and people, I mean we may be going back to the same school but it's still nerve-racking.

We got off at our stop and luckily we were 15 minutes early before classes started. We all went to the back of the school and sat outside. As we were talking the people around us started whispering and looking toward a certain direction.

"What's going on?" Katsu said. "Oh no not again" I said while rolling my eyes, it was our worst enemies...

Hikari POV
     "The sirens," I said, already annoyed.