Chapter One

A/N: So this is my very first book, so I'm sorry if it isn't good at first, but hopefully it will get better as it goes.

Rachel's Pov

Today is finally the day, the first day of my junior year. Alright so let me introduce myself, my name is Rachel Berry I'm 16 years old, and I live in a small town in Ohio by the name of Lima. So as I was saying, today is my first day of junior year and I'm beyond nervous. I finally decided, after ignoring my alarm a billion times, that I need to get up.

I went to my bathroom and got in the shower and washed my hair and body, then shaved my legs. After getting out I went to my closet to decide what to wear, I decided on a black skater skirt, with a sleeveless aztec crop top, a red knitted cardigan, and for shoes I decided to put on my trusty black combat boots. For my hair I blow dried then curled my long dark brown locks and added a thin brown braided headband across the forehead. For makeup I just put a light layer of foundation, some mascara, winged eyeliner to make my brown eyes pop, and then added a layer of gold eyeshadow on my lid to give it a little shimmer.

I finally made my way down stairs to see my mom sitting at the table drinking her coffee and reading the newspaper.

"Good luck on your first day." she said looking up from the paper.

"Thanks, I'll need it."

I looked out my window to see my best friend Santana pull up in the driveway with Quinn in the passengers seat. Quinn and I have never gotten along, but I have to tolerate her because she's Santana's friend and Finn's girlfriend. I told my mom bye then headed out. I got in and I looked over and observed Santana's outfit. She was wearing a cream colored flowey tank, a jean jacket over it, black tights, and tall black boots with a heel so tall it looks like she is on stilts. The ride to school was fairly quite except for the faint music from the radio. When we got there we all headed to the office to get our schedules.

Once we got there we went to Ms. Pilsbury's office.

"Good morning ladies, and what can I do for you?" She said with a smile.

"Just need to pick up our schedules," I said with as much enthusiasm as I could muster up.

"Here you go have a fine day ladies."

"You to Ms. Pilsbury."

I finally found my locker and grabbed my biology textbook, since that was my first period. The bell rang and I tried to find room 107, but I couldn't find it anywhere. As I turned the corner I ran straight into someone falling backwards.

"Sorry," I mumbled quietly looking down and grabbing my things off the floor.

"Sorry about that Rachel." I heard from a voice way to familiar.

I looked up to see the one and only Noah "Puck" Puckerman. I blushed and looked back down. Nobody knows this, not even Finn, but I've always had a crush on him. The only problem is that every girl wants him, and I can't compete with them. I have nothing special about me, all these other girls are drop dead gorgeous. I'm just an ugly, Jewish, annoying, bird-beaked girl.

"Maybe I can make it up to you," He asks with a with a wide million dollar smile.

"What do you mean," I asked.

"Maybe I could take you out to dinner tomorrow after school, I mean...if you want?" He asked almost sounding nervous.

"Ummm...... I mean, I guess." I asked hiding my excitement not wanting to embarrass myself.

"Cool, see you around."

"See you around Puck."

As soon as he walked away I bursted into smiles and giggles. I just got asked out by The Noah Puckerman! Maybe junior year won't be so bad.

Puck's Pov

As soon as I walked away from Rachel I began smiling to myself thinking about how gorgeous and cool she was. Most girls put on pounds of makeup of be all cutesy and giggly, but not her. Best of all, I'm taking her out tomorrow night. Should I take her somewhere nice or casual. Oh my gosh, I'm worrying way to much. I just feel like she's different, but I can't like her that would ruin my reputation.

. . .

I walked into my first class, not noticing I was still smiling until my friend Mike spoke up.

"Hey bro, why are you all smiley?"

"Oh nothing."

I couldn't tell him the truth because if I did I would never hear the end of it. I seriously need to control my emotions. I mean I'm The Noah Puckerman, I don't date girls, everyone knows this. I've got to keep that reputation up unless I don't want to be popular anymore. I did see Santana earlier and she's always a good hookup. Ya, I'll do that instead of that dumb dinner. That would be rude though. I don't want to hurt Rachel's feelings. I'm already going soft, and I've only talked to this girl once. Dang it.