Chapter Six

First Column is Rachel, Second Column is Santana.

Rachel's Pov ( Friday Sept. 10)

                 Today's finally Friday, which also means its the day of the party. I was kind of excited, but kind of scared. I've never been to a party before surprisingly. Considering my step brother is Sam Evans who is known as a party king along with his best friend Mike Chang, who is throwing tonight's party for his birthday. I threw on a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a rolling stone t-shirt, and a pair of black vans. I walked downstairs grabbed a granola bar and a bottle of apple juice, and walked out the door to Tina's car that was waiting in the driveway. As we were driving to school I could see that Tina looked super tense.

"Hey, how was hanging with Puck last night?" I questioned.

"Um, about that, I wanted to tell  you about it before the party." she said nervously.

"Ya, sure you can come to my house before the party and my brother can take us with him, Mike, and Finn." I said kind of nervous for what she had to tell me.

Did they hook up before he went on a date? Are they dating? Is that why he didn't want to talk about it last night? I pushed my thoughts aside as we approached the school.

                  I walked in the doors of the school and everybodies eyes were on me. I could see them whispering things to each other, and it made me super uncomfortable. I just kept looking straight and waked to my locker and grabbed my textbooks for my first couple of classes.

                 Lunch finally rolled around I went through the line and grabbed a slice of pizza and a bottle of water. I walked to my usual table with Santana, Quinn, Finn, Mike and Sam. I would usually sit by Finn, but considering the situation I just sat by Santana.

"Hey! What's up?" Santana asked.

"Nothing much. Just trying to figure out why everyone is looking at me." I said hoping that she might have an answer.

"Um.... maybe because Puck is telling everyone you and him hooked up yesterday night. I can't believe you would do something like that! I thought you had more self respect than that!" she said clearly angry.

"Why the heck is he telling people that! I can't believe you would believe that! What kind of best friend are you!"  I yelled running away.

              I started running down the hall tears welling up in my eyes. As I was running I heard someone calling after me.

"Rachel! Wait! Hold on!" I turned around to see Finn jogging down the hall to catch me.

"What could you possibly want? You already thought we were dating! You probably believe we hooked up, too!" I yelled at him not in the mood to talk to anybody.

"I'm sorry. I know you wouldn't do anything like that, and don't be mad at Santana she is just mad that people are saying that about her best friend."

"I accept your apology, but I really just want to go home right now." I said tears running down my cheeks.

"I know," he said wiping my tears with the pad of his thumb, "I will take you to my house. My parents are out of town on a business trip. We can hangout and do whatever you want." he said with his sweet amber eyes staring into mine and his large hands cradling my face.

         We finally got to the Hummel-Hudson household, and we walked through the front door straight down to the basement. When we got in their we sat down and played video games for a while.