Chapter Four

Rachel's Pov

I woke up in the morning and walked to my bathroom to take a shower. After I got out I walked to my closet to pick my clothes. I decided on a pair of high waisted jean shorts, my red school sweatshirt, and my favorite white high top converse. Its only the second day of school and I'm already tired of it. I did my usual makeup routine and then decided on a side braid in my hair.

When I got to school I went to my locker to get my books. Finn was standing there waiting for me.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Oh nothing, I'm just curious to know why everyone is saying your going out with Puck." He said with with an irritated look on his face.

"What?" I asked confused as of why people were saying that.

"Yeah, you know how I feel about him. Why would you go behind my back like that?" He said with anger lingering in his voice.

"I seriously don't know what your talking about."

"Stop playing dumb with me, you know what forget it." He said while walking away.

Finn's Pov

I seriously cannot believe Rachel right now. She knows how I feel about Puck, yet she still does this. If only she knew how I felt about her.

Rachel's Pov

School just ended and I was running though the rain to Santana's car when I noticed Puck in the passengers seat.

"Hey, I can't take you home today. I'm hanging with Puck." she said.

"Oh, okay. I guess I'll catch a ride from someone else," I said walking away.

As she was driving away I realized I didn't have anyone to get a ride from. The only other person I could think of is mad at me for something I didn't even do. I had only one other option, to walk.

I finally made it home after walking through the pouring hard rain. As I entered the front door, I went straight to my room and set my stuff down. I went to the bathroom and started a nice warm bath and started peeling off the soaking wet layers of clothing.

After I got out of the bath and got dressed in my favorite sweats and on old t-shirt I grabbed my phone to see I had one text from Puck.

Puck: Hey, I will pick you up at six. Dress nice.

Me: Aren't you with Santana?

Puck: Not anymore. Anyways see you later.

Me: Okay.

I looked at the time to see it was already four thirty. I looked in my closet to see if I even had a dress in there, after about ten minutes I finally found one. It was black and the sleeves and upper part were lace, and the skirt went to about mid thigh. I sent that aside and stared blow drying my hair, when it was dry, I curled it, then braided it on the side, and then pinned it up in a low bun. For my make up I did a dark smoky eye and a bold red lip.

I looked at the clock to see it was already five fourty-five. I looked in the mirror on last time before sliding on my black lace heels that went to about my ankle and had two little bows on the side. I grabed my black clutch that had my phone and some money just in case.

As I was sitting and waiting my mom walked through the door.

"Why are you so dressed up for?"

"I'm going out with a friend."

"Well don't stay out too late."

I was really surprised she didn't interrogate me about where we were going and who I was going with. My confused thoughts were interrupted by the door bell ringing. I stood up and to open the door, as I did I saw Puck standing there with a dozen red roses. He looked up his jaw falling slightly.

"Um, th-these are for you," he said sounding shoked almost.

"Thank you." I said setting them on counter.

As I turned around I observed what he was wearing, a white button up shirt, a black blazer over it, and black dress pants.

"Shall we?" He said holding his hand out which I gladly accept.

We walked to his car, and Audi R8, he opened the door for me as I slid into the passengers seat. The ride to wherever we were going was filled with silence, but not an awkward silence, a good silence.

We finally arrived to where we were headed. I looked out the window to see we were at Breadstix. Puck parked the car as soon as I was about to open my door he opened it for me. I stepped out and laced my arm with Puck's. We walked into the restaurant and to the hostess that was stranding at the podium like thing.

"Reservations under Puckerman, please." Puck told her.

"Ah, yes right this way." She said leading us to a table in the back corner.

Puck pulled my chair out for me as I sat. I was so surprised of how much of a gentleman he could be.

"So, how was hanging with Santana this afternoon?" I questioned him.

"Um... can we not talk about that," he said.

"I mean, yeah I guess."

"Yo-You look very beautiful tonight," he said nervously.

"Thank you." I said looking down at my lap blushing.

"Why are you hiding your beautiful face."

I was blushing so hard I'm pretty sure I looked like a fire truck. The waitress came and took our orders. When the food got here I took a bite and instantly fell in love with it.

"Good isn't it?" He said judging by my reaction.

"Its amazing," I said as I continued eating.

After finishing our food and arguing about paying, Puck won, we started to just walk along the sidewalks of the city admiring to brightly lit buildings. It was quite chilly out and I realized I forgot my coat. I was running my hands up and down my arms trying to get a little warmer, but it wasn't working.

"Here take my jacket." Puck said slipping off his blazer.

"What is this a cleché romance movie?" I asked laughing.

"Do you want to freeze?" He asked rhetorically putting on my shoulders.

"Thank you," I said taking in the scent of his cologne.

After walking around a little while longer, I looked at the time on my phone seeing that it was almost midnight.

"Hey, it's getting kind of late I think I need to start heading home."

"Okay."

We pulled into my driveway, and once again Puck opened my door for me. He walked me to my doorstep and gave me a hug and a goodbye as he was walking away I said, " Thank you for tonight, it was one of the best nights I have had in a long time."

With that I walked into my house quietly and headed to my room. I then took down my hair, removed my shoes and dress, then walked to the bathroom and washed my face. I layed down in my bed quickly drifting to sleep. Dreaming about the amazing night I just had.

A/N: Sorry it has been so long I just had no idea what to write, but I knew I needed to write for you guys.