Chapter 9

"Fuck,"

"What's wrong?"

"There had been a few moments of dimensional instability in Universes A-00001 and S-01014 a couple years back. We hadn't noticed it before since we had been preoccupied with fixing other problems at the time,"

"Shit, how bad is the situation?"

"Right now the memories of Universe A-00001 are leaking into the minds of their counterparts in Universe S-01014,"

"Fuck, that ain't good. Let's assess the severity of the situation and assign an agent to deal with this,"

XXX

"Jake, Alex, are you two alright?" Silver asked when he, Jake, Dean, Timothy, Eunchan, Ben, Alex, Kenny, Jimmy, and Jack had gathered for a get together to celebrate their win against Manwol.

"I'm just tired," Jake assured him. "I had a pretty bad nightmare last night,"

"I had a bad nightmare too," Alex added. 

"My nightmare was what would've happened if Silver hadn't gathered all of us together to fight Manwol," Jake revealed. "Kenny would've gotten hurt really badly and I would've had to join Donald Na's gang to get revenge,"

'That's actually accurate to what did happen in a world where Silver Yeon didn't exist,' Silver thought but remained silent.

"My nightmare was kinda weird," Alex said. "I was fighting Jimmy, Jack, and some other guys. Ben arrived and fought Jimmy. The fight was interrupted by this weird vampire looking guy who was the leader of some gang Jimmy and Jack were part of,"

'That sounds familiar...' Silver narrowed his eyes. 'Very familiar,'

"Ben fought the gang leader and lost," Alex continued. "I tried to stop the guy but he kicked me into a pile of lumber that had some nails in them. Ben protected me and..." His voice quivered slightly. "His arm got really hurt and I had to rush him to the emergency room,"

'That's exactly what happened in my world,' Silver's eyes widened slightly is shock, but he managed to keep his poker face. 'I can understand Jake's nightmare being coincidental but there's no reason for Alex to have a nightmare about him and Ben fighting Jimmy and me. What's going on? Why are they having dreams about events that happened in my world?'

"Hey, why's everyone suddenly so serious?" Ben broke the silence. "Those are just nightmares. Kenny's fine, Jake's not in a gang, and I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about. Besides, we all came here today to celebrate!"

Ben's smile and his warmth was able to quickly ease their worries and anxiety. But while everyone was eating Ttosikki fried chicken and drinking soda, Silver was still concerned about how Alex's nightmare was identical to what had happened in his original world.

XXX

'Why are they having dreams of events that happened in my world?' Silver still pondered over that question as he arrived home to his family's house. 'Those events didn't happen in this world because I've changed things. Because 'Silver' saved Jack, there was no reason for Jimmy to join the Union which resulted in him not fighting Ben and Alex. Because 'Silver' recruited strong fighters and helped Jake save Kenny and take down Manwol, there was no reason for Jake to join the Union either,'

'Just how many more memories will end up appearing in their dreams? Are other people, such as Wolf and Donald, also dreaming about events from my world? How far into the timeline of my world would they have dreams of the events? Would Donald eventually also start dreaming of my memories as Silver Yeon of this world?'

"Gray," Mom Yeon knocked on her eldest son's bedroom door. "You need to eat,"

Silver paused in the hallway. "Is something wrong with Gray?"

"Welcome home Silver," Mom Yeon greeted. "Your brother...he's been holed up in his room the entire day and didn't even go to school. He won't tell me what's going on either,"

'That doesn't sound like him,' Silver knocked on Gray's door. "Gray? I'm coming inside," He opened the door and brought the plate of food with him. 

Gray was buried under the covers of his bed and a video was playing on his computer screen, although it seemed like Gray wasn't paying attention to it at all. His eyes were dull as if the life had been drained from them.

"Gray, what happened?" Silver asked as he set the plate down on his brother's desk. "What's wrong?"

"Stephen..." Gray managed to speak in a broken voice. "He was shoved...shoved off the roof..."

Silver recalled Gray bringing Stephen over to their house a few times and although he never really interacted with Stephen, Silver knew Stephen was a good guy who made Gray happy. "Who did it?"

"Oswald Yang, Bryce Oh, and Desmond Kang,"

'Oswald Yang is the second son of City Representative Oscar Yang,' Silver narrowed his eyes. "Gray, you need to eat,"

"I don't have an appetite..."

"Gray," Silver told him. "You need to eat in order to keep your strength up. You can't get revenge if you're malnourished,"

"Revenge?" Gray asked.

"You're not going to let them get away with this, are you?" Silver pointed out. "I know you can fight, Gray. I know you can win. You just need to study your opponents," 'And I'll take care of the rest. I'll deal with Oscar Yang so that he won't be able to hide his son's crimes anymore,'

XXX

For two months, Gray trained. He studied hard about self-defense techniques and pressure points. He exercised in order to bring his frail body up to the average person's strength. He was determined to ensure his success rate was a hundred percent. No, he wanted his success rate to be a hundred and twenty percent.

For those two months, Silver also skipped school. Mom Yeon became worried about him too, but Silver told her that he'd be taking the acceleration test to skip some grades. He started digging up dirt on Oscar Yang, going as far as to get blackmail on other important people in order to get more info on the city representative.

Then, the day for Gray to get his revenge came. He beat up the trio of bullies without getting a single mark on him. While Gray was doing this, Silver reported Oscar Yang's crimes as well as Byuksan Middle School's corruption to the media with the evidence he had gathered.

Gray still had trouble getting accepted into nearby schools due to having a violent case on his record, but Mrs. Lee helped him get enrolled into Eunjang High School. Silver took the placement test and although he could've gotten into Yeo-Il High School, he chose to follow his brother into Eunjang.

Word Count: 1065