Chapter 10

"You didn't have to come with me," Gray told Silver as they unpacked their belongings in their new apartment. "You could've stayed at Sunnyside Elementary School and be around kids your age,"

"Gray, if you haven't noticed, I don't have any friends my age," Silver pointed out. "All of my friends are from Yeongdeungpo and they're all your age. Two of them are also going to attend Eunjang High,"

"Your score on the acceleration test was high enough to get into Yeo-Il, which is a much more elite school than Eunjang," Gray pointed out. "Why hold yourself back just to attend the same high school as me?"

"Donald attends Yeo-Il," Silver revealed. "I don't want to deal with him," 'I'm sure the Mokha Duo will also target me since I look like an easy target. If I were to defeat the duo, then Donald might personally approach me to restore the Union's pride or some sort of bullshit like that,' "I also have friends at Daehyeon High School,"

"You have a lot of friends," Gray commented.

"Huh, I guess I do," Silver shrugged. 'I never had any friends in my previous life as Donald Na. I couldn't afford to have such a vulnerability, even around someone I trusted most like Kingsley. When I finally decided I wanted a friend, it was the Gray Yeon of my world that I thought of,'

He thought back to how people were having dreams about the events from his world. 'I wonder if they would still be my friends if they ever found out about me being Donald from another world. I wonder if Gray would still love me or if he'd disown me. If Gray tells Mom, would she also disown me? I've lived alone since I was twelve years old in my previous life, but being abandoned by my family and friends...the thought of it actually hurts,'

XXX

Silver was placed in Class Eight. He was a bit annoyed that he wasn't in the same class as his big brother, but he knew that it was unlikely in the first place. As he entered the classroom, he was loudly greeted by his two friends.

"Silver!" Ben slung an arm over the twelve year old. "We didn't expect you to also get into Eunjang High!"

"I took the acceleration test," Silver informed.

"Geez, are you some sort of super genius or something?" Alex commented. 

"Or something," Silver chuckled. 'I mean, I was extremely smart for my age even as Donald Na. The same thing could be said for Gray,' 

He found it strange but refreshing and nice to chat with his friends before class. When he was Donald Na, he never had any friends in elementary school to talk to and even if he did, he wouldn't have time to hang out with them at school due to all the work give to him. By the time he enrolled into middle school, he had already started gaining a reputation so people either feared him or were trying to get close to him for their own benefit.

He noticed that many of their classmates were glancing at them and whispering amongst themselves. Silver managed to overhear something about a "Silver Phantom" but before he could ask them about it, the teacher arrived and class began. He decided he'd look into it later.

XXX

During lunchtime, Ben and Alex went to grab some quick food from the snack store and then rushed outside to play soccer. Silver decided he'd just eat lunch with Gray in the cafeteria. Lunch for that day was mixed rice, kimchi, tteokbokki, potato mushroom soup, steamed dumplings, and an ice cream puff.

Silver was happy that he had decided to enroll into Eunjang because he could eat lunch everyday with his big brother. Although he never went hungry in elementary school in this world, his lunchtimes were still spent all alone. He had actually tried to make friends this time around but due to being mentally much older, he struggled to connect with his peers.

"How's your class?" Gray asked his little brother.

"It's peaceful," Silver answered honestly. "It's a bit loud since my two friends are also in that class, but it's peaceful. What about your homeroom?"

"It's a typical class," Gray shrugged. "A bunch of annoying delinquents who bully others are seated in the back of the class,"

"Are they bullying you?" Silver couldn't help but feel protective despite knowing Gray would be able to defend himself.

"No," Gray shook his head. "But don't worry about me, Silver. If they do decide to target me, I won't let them win. I'll make sure I never lose in a fight,"

'The only person you ever lost to in my world was me,' Silver recalled. 'Other than that, you had a hundred percent winning streak,'

XXX

The next morning, an incident had occurred in another class. During break time, the news quickly spread throughout the school and to the other classes. Ben overheard about the incident while grabbing a snack from the school store.

"Hey Alex, I thought you were gonna crush Colton Choi?" Ben asked. "You sure you won't be the one getting crushed?"

"What do you want, dumbass?" Alex asked.

"I'm sorry to tell you but he already got beat today," Ben informed. 

"What?" Alex asked, not believing him. "By who? From Class Three? Class Nine?"

"I don't fucking know," Ben answered. "This kid Gray something in his class tied him up and slapped the shit out of him, I heard,"

"Tied him and beat him up?" Alex rolled his eyes. "Hey Silver, can you believe this doofus? He's got the wackiest imagination,"

"I believe his story," Silver said, knowing that they were talking about his older brother. "How about we go and check the class out?"

They all headed down the hallway and stared into the classroom along with a crowd of other students who had heard about the incident. 

"That wimp over there? Really? He looks like a chick," Ben questioned some of the other students. "And Colton left early out of embarrassment?"

"Yep, along with his goons," A student confirmed.

"Damn...the kid doesn't look like he could weigh any more than 110 pounds, soaking wet. That's a huge weight class mismatch, if you ask me,"

"With the right skills, you can overcome differing weight classes," Silver calmly said.

Ben looked between Gray and Silver multiple times. "I just noticed that you two look pretty similar,"

"Gray is my older brother," Silver revealed. 

"If he's the Silver Phantom's older brother, then it makes sense. Gray literally slapped the devil out of Colton after tying him up. It was the most chilling sight I've ever seen,"

"Silver Phantom?" Silver inquired. 

"That seems to be the nickname people have been calling you by," Alex informed. "We've all gained quite the reputation after defeating that gang last year,"

'That nickname seems a bit cool,' Silver thought. 'Now that I think about it, why wasn't I given any nickname as Donald Na? People have compared me to a vampire due to my pale skin and red eyes, but I never got an epithet like how White Mamba had one,'

"Isn't that Gerard Jin from Do-Eui Middle School? He must've heard the rumors too. He's gotten even taller, that fucking giraffe," Ben noticed the green haired student staring into the classroom. "Gerard! So curiosity got the best of you too, huh?"

"And you two are still as inseparable as ever it seems, Ben, Alex," Gerard noticed Silver hanging with them. "Ben and Alex's lovechild,"

"What the fuck?" Silver deadpanned.

"Why else would those two have a child with them?" Gerard snickered.

"I'm their classmate," Silver pointed out. "I'm a student here just like you!"

Word Count: 1250