Chapter 16

"How are we going to beat the Union?" Alex asked.

"The fighting prowess of the Union of this world is much weaker compared to my Union," Silver revealed. "The Union in my world consisted of Yeo-Il, Daehyeon, Ganghak, Hyeongshin, and Yoosun. Since Daehyeon and Yoosun didn't join the Union in this world, they've lost two major powerhouses,"

"What about Yeongdeungpo High?" Timmy brought up.

"Yeongdeungpo High was never part of my Union," Silver furrowed his brows. "Who's the school head?"

"Ethan Evans, a student that moved to Seoul from the US a week before the school year started," Timmy informed. "He conquered Yeongdeungpo High within the first day of high school and was recruited into the Union not long after, just like Wolf Keum of Ganghak,"

"Ethan is an unknown variable," Silver frowned. "We should still be wary of him to be on the safe side. I don't even know if Ethan existed in my world since this is the first I've heard of him,"

"I'll gather up more information on his previous fights," Timmy offered.

"I'll be the one to fight Donald when it comes to it," Silver declared. "Though, I don't know when the final fight will take place. In my world, I mostly ignored Eunjang because I didn't find them to be worth my time. Jimmy had taken an independent commission from Phillip to attack Ben and had lost. I sent Hyeongshin to deal with Eunjang but they ended up losing. Wolf got his ass kicked by the White Mamba for messing with his friends,"

"I then sent Daehyeon to deal with Eunjang but they lost too. I still pretty much ignored Eunjang in favor of focusing on the Union's businesses. After Eugene won the science invention competition and his proposed policy got approved, it ended up ruining the Union's businesses. That's when I sent the Mokha Duo after Eugene and they ended up putting him in a coma,"

"W-What!?" Eugene exclaimed. "Me!?"

"Yeah...the street lights and policy really fucked with my Union's businesses. It even got Chungil Lee arrested," Silver said. "If that competition still happens in this world, I'll enter it and ruin Donald's businesses. It depends on if Donald will continue to ignore Eunjang until his businesses are ruined or if he'll attack before then,"

"Alright, now that that's settled," Ben loudly spoke up. "Let's continue eating and bring the mood back up! Another round of fried chicken!"

XXX

The next day was awkward. Despite the outburst yesterday, Kyrie still attended Eunjang. He desperately stared at Silver the entire time, opting to ignore the class lessons since he was already familiar with the topics.

During breaktime, Kyrie followed Silver but made sure to stay a couple steps behind. He never approached him and just stared at him with a yearning gaze. He wanted Silver to look at him, to acknowledge him, but Silver chose to ignore him instead. During lunchtime, Kyrie sat at at the same table as Silver but on the far end of it and continuously glanced at Silver. 

"Should we do something about him?" Ben asked.

"Alright," Silver sighed as he finished eating. "I'll go talk to him," He picked up his tray and walked over to Kyrie. "Let's go to the roof,"

Gray flinched upon overhearing his brother saying he was going to the roof. He didn't want him to go to such a dangerous place. But he respected Silver's choice since he was the one who had chosen the location. He also knew that unlike Stephen, Silver would actually fight back when threatened.

They arrived at the rooftop and Silver turned around to face Kyrie. "I already told you that I'm done with the Union. I literally declared war against the Union of this world,"

"I still don't understand why—"

"Because I'm actually happy now, Kingsley!" Silver snapped. "When I created the Union it was so I could survive in this cruel and fucked up world! I had no one! But in this world, I have friends and family. I have a support system. I have people who love me. I don't have to survive by creating a criminal empire!"

"And you..." Silver glared at him. "You wanted me to lose all of that. You wanted me to lose my friends. You wanted me to be disowned by my brother. You wanted me to be hated. You wanted me to be all alone again. You say that everything you do is for my sake, but yesterday it was obvious that you wanted me to suffer,"

Kyrie looked away guiltily. "I'm sorry..." He genuinely sounded apologetic. "I wanted things to go back the way it's always been. I wanted us to manage the Union together again, even if we'd also be managing alongside the Donald Na and Kingsley Kwan of this world. I thought that was better than this drastic change in you,"

"It's been over a decade, Kingsley," Silver reminded. "That's more than enough time for someone to change. For someone like me to actually grow and become a better person,"

"After meeting you, I had dedicated my entire life to you," Kyrie said quietly. "I had dedicated my entire life to the Union's success. After you died, I still tried to keep the Union, your legacy, alive. No matter what I did, I could never replace you. I tried so hard to continue with life, but nothing I did could fill that void your death left behind. Without the Union...what am I supposed to do?"

"You find a new purpose in life," Silver answered. "You find something else to live for. Live for yourself, not for me. You can live the life you would've had if you had never met Donald Na. You can continue studying and achieve the career you desire. Don't be the side character in my life. Be the main character in your own life,"

Kyrie raised a brow at the last two sentences. "That sounds weird coming from you,"

"I actually have hobbies now that I'm no longer a workaholic," Silver shrugged. "I read manga and watch anime. You should get some hobbies too, Kyrie,"

"I do have a hobby," Kyrie brought up. "I read books. I mainly read mystery novels but I do enjoy the occasional sci-fi book,"

"That's good," Silver smiled. "We've always been swamped with work to the point where the Union was too big for us to manage all the businesses by ourselves. That's why we had even given some companies for the Mokha Duo to be in charge of. But now, now we both have free time to actually do things we enjoy,"

"Can...Can we be friends?" Kyrie hesitated. "Not business partners, but actual friends?" He didn't want to completely let Donald go.

Silver could've easily refused. All it would've taken was a single word to reject him. But he thought back to all the times Kyrie had helped him. He thought back to all the times Kyrie had worried about him. "For old time's sake, I'll forgive what you did yesterday. For everything you had done for me, I'll give you another chance," He held his hand out. "We're no longer Donald Na and Kingsley Kwan of the Union. We're Silver Yeon and Kyrie Kwan of Eunjang High,"

Kyrie shook Silver's hand. "It will still take some getting used to...but I'll try to change just like you had done,"

Word Count: 1200