ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 6

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍; 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚜, 𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚜." –𝚅𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝙷𝚞𝚐𝚘.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*

After you and Morgen watched the sunset, it was time to report on what happened that day.

The day that the necklace couldn't get enough attachment on you

You're embarrassed by how this "jewelry" is in you. You couldn't even adjust to it since it sucked up your mana. You're too pleading to even say a thing. In the end, you hid it so no one could ever see that thing around you. At that moment, you meet up with Morgen again.

"Are you excited about your report for your first mission?" Morgen took the first response.

"HOW CAN I NOT BE EXCITED WHEN THIS NECKLACE IS STUCK WITH ME MORGEN?" Morgen thought you had a valid point. He could tell that you were not getting enough rest because of overthinking.

"Dude, I can't take this thing off," you fumed at your statement. You cannot sleep properly because of it. With that, Morgen took another glance at it and still couldn't believe that it got attached to you.

"That's why we need to talk to Captain Julius; it's for the best." In your usual habit, you hid on Morgen's back. You lamented as your eyes started to twitch. Morgen saw it but didn't mind your quirky attitude.

"Okay, I'm calm." You took a deep breath and opened and slammed the door, and Julius snorted in your sudden action.

"Captain Julius~
We're here for the report! "Morning excitedly said as you continued to shiver.

"Yeah, Morgen. I believe that it's not the time that we should talk. I have other agendas." You wanted to run away as Morgen stopped you.

"Hey, it's going to be okay," he whispered as he smiled like a rain of sunshine again. You could feel your cheeks tint pink, as you don't blame him. He's so attractive.

Going back to the topic, you pleaded with Julius.

"WAAAAHHHH, CAPTAINNN," you suddenly took your disguise as he gasped at what he saw.

"What is it? What's the necklace?" He began to examine the artifact.

"I've never seen that artifact before; it glows. What remarkable jewelry." You blamed yourself for what you did.

You explain to Julius what happened yesterday and why the necklace is stuck to you.

"I see." That's all the response that he could get. You could see his hands tapping on the table, thinking of a solution to it. You kept blabbering some little noises in your head. Stop having this negative energy in yourself.

"Well, I'll try my magic to remove it." You suddenly got back to reality. You stood up as Julius started to cast a spell on it. You closed your eyes as you began to feel that it was slowly detaching you.

But as a result, it didn't.

It still stuck.

You let out a whine as Morgen comforted you again. Julius couldn't grasp this problem; why doesn't this necklace remove such good magic? Does it have its own agenda for why this doesn't open?

"I'm trying to find a way to release it." He's really trying at this point. First, he got a
potion and dipped it into the necklace, but it still wouldn't budge. I saw him opening an old book and starting to cast it, but it still wouldn't remove it.

"Captain, you can't remove it," you said in a soft voice. You're going to have to live with this for eternity. No way are you going to accept this.

"No, it's been sealed for thousands of years. For now, there is no solution. You have to take care of it for now." You still can't believe that your captain can't fix these things. You had a miserable day, and this follows.

"But I don't want this necklace stuck on my neck forever." It seems that you had no other choice but to depend on this artifact. Especially to the trouble that it holds you.

Julius is still thinking of a possible solution.

"There may be an expert on these types of things," you quickly responded to his tone.

"Where? How are we going to find him?" You clenched your fists. You want to remove this because it's a waste of time to be around it.

"Calm down, Yashi. For now, we'll keep that on until we meet an expert. It's safe; it's not going to harm you more." That's all that he could say. Morgen was a bit saddened by Julius announcement. He could feel that you are suffering right now.

"I see. But Captain, it's draining my magic little by little. How am I going to fight like this?" Little by little, you agreed with him.

"You have no choice but to control your magic with it. I'm sorry I didn't expect this." You tried to object, but it was no use. You have to adjust the necklace, or else it will ruin you more.

"I understand," you sighed. "But I don't want to be vulnerable to the enemy, Captain. What if... They take advantage of it and attack me in the middle of a mission?" You gulped. It's possible that there are enemies that can take you as a hostage since you have ancient jewelry.

"You're my adopted daughter, Y/N; I'll always protect you no matter what—not just me but the whole squad, got it?" You felt relieved and smiled a little. Even though you had terrible moments, they never failed to comfort you. Which made you feel at ease.

"Thank you, Captain!" That's all that you can say.

Morgen patted your head gently. "There there,it's alright. Calm down, Y/N. We'll get rid of this soon, don't worry."

Julius escorted you outside his office, and Morgen suggested that he should make tea for you. Again.

"Tea? Again?" He smiled deeply as he gave you an assurance.

"Well, it's my specialty." You couldn't deny the fact that the tea consists of ingredients that you can't tell. They are fresh and tasty.

"I forgot you were a noble; you can make these things. You're such a gentleman, you know." You started to drink the tea. God, Morgen's tea is always delicious.

"I'm a gentleman; well, I'm happy to be complimented that way," he marveled in his own words.

"Don't worry, Yashi, we're here for you. There's nothing to fear." You stopped drinking the tea and put it on the table.

"Aaaaa, are you sure? I don't know how I can control my spatial magic with it. This feels so wrong." You have a good claim. Julius told you that you have spatial magic, and you have to deal with two now.

"Don't worry, Yashi; you'll get used to it.
You're one tough cookie,remember? "
Morgen grinned as you noted his words in your head. Yeah, you're a tough one. You can even debate other people and prove them wrong. You started to feel at ease with his words.

As the days pass, you get selected by other members to join another mission. You fought countless individuals; most of them are ex-magic knights. You could tell yourself that you are starting to adjust in a positive way.

You and Morgen started to hang out more as Nacht tried to bully you non-stop. You could tell right away that you hated him. He's such a jerk compared to Morgen.

After that, you and Morgen are alone again. Together.

"Missions are getting tougher recently,
Are you okay with it, Yn? "He asked.

"Yeah, more responsibility means more merit," you remarked.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*