ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩

TW: Cuts, blood, smoking, knives

Lizzie's POV:

✿‧⁺˚*・༓☾✿☽༓・*˚⁺‧✿

I cut him off by throwing myself at him so we both fell off the roof.

Just before we hit the ground I took out my wand and mumbled, "arresto momentum. "We stopped inches off the ground and then gently dropped onto the grass.

" You phsyco!" Enzo screamed at me. "Oh come on we didn't die and it was worth the adrenaline rush" I thought he overreacted because we didn't even get a single scratch.

"Ok it was worth the rush but how do we get back up, our snacks are up there?" He asked, I giggled a bit because the fact that he cared about food so much was funny.

"We can climb the trellises that go up the side of the house" I suggest, "but they are covered in ivy vines" Enzo complained. "Oh shut up you toddler."

✿‧⁺˚*・༓☾✿☽༓・*˚⁺‧✿

When we were back on the roof we sat back down in our spot and talked about stupid things and stupider people, Enzo, while eating our snacks.

It started raining but instead of using magic to get an umbrella I stood up and put my hand out for Enzo to grab onto. "Liz what are you doing?" He asked concerned since minutes before I had pushed him off the roof. "This" I answered not giving it away.

I pulled his arm until we were back on the main roof terrace. I then took his other hand in mine and spun him around.

"You wanna dance baby?" I nod to answer his question. "Then let's dance princesse" at those words he spun me around, pulled me in then pushed me out.

We were dancing in the rain, on the rooftop like couples in romance books. But there was one difference: we were soulmates, yes, but not romantic ones just platonic ones.

I only saw Enzo as an older brother and he only saw me as a younger sister and that was it. It was like that from the time we became friends in our first year at Hogwarts to our graduation to now. We never had crushes on each other even for a single second.

✿‧⁺˚*・༓☾✿☽༓・*˚⁺‧✿

Our moment was ruined by Tom and Aurora running out onto the terrace. Enzo and I stopped dancing and turned to face them.

"You're both still alive?" Tom asked. I just nodded and he continued, "and you didn't kill anyone?" I shook my head, "and you didn't set anything on fire?" I shook my head again.

"Why can't I believe that?" "Because you are paranoid Tommy." Before he could get mad at me for calling him Tommy I took his hand in mine and pulled him to the middle of the terrace.

"Dance with me?" I asked him, "if it's to get Enzo and Aurora to dance together then fine." He spun me around and out of the corner of my eye I saw Enzo take Aurora's hand.

We danced for a bit more until I pulled him away to where Enzo and I had left our snacks. "Now they hopefully dance more, kiss and confess to each other" I said taking a bon bon out of the bag and throwing it up in the air.

"Want a cigarette baby?" He asked and caught my bon bon in his mouth. "Yes but I wanted that and you just ate it" I pouted at him but he just laughed.

"Well cry about it baby." Tom handed me a cigarette and lit it for me. I rest my head against his shoulder and we sat in a comfortable silence, the only movement we made was blowing the smoke into the night sky.

After a few minutes, we both finished our cigarettes and threw them off the roof. Tom grabbed my forearm to pull me somewhere but let go when I winced.

"Sorry Lizzie I forgot about them. Can I see, please?" He asked. "Yeah, you can."

I pulled my sleeves up to reveal dozens of cuts; most small and fading while some still red. In the middle of my forearm there was six fresh cuts still covered in blood.

"Was this just for saying 'no' earlier?" Tom asked while taking my arm in his hand and gently stroking the scars with his thumb.

"That and causing a scene" "I could try convince then to stop it Lizzie" he suggested. I leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed, "You and I both know that won't work Tom, they'll just say I'm making you soft and that I should learn to take a punishment."

This was probably the hundredth time he suggested this but every time that was my answer. Since the age of five every time I misbehaved I would get a punishment. For small things it would be cuts on my arms with a charmed knife so I couldn't heal them with magic.

For really bad things I would be taken to the dungeons and crucioed and tortured for ages. If Tom tried to talk to them about this both of us would be sent to the dungeons.

When I was six, I promised myself I wouldn't let people suffer on my behalf, especially my friends and family. So when Catherine turned five I made a deal with our mother to not hurt her but hurt me instead.

After an hour Enzo and Aurora came to tell us to go inside since it was late and raining outside. We all walked in a comfortable silence until we reached the corridor with all of our rooms.

"Goodnight" I told them before opening my door and heading inside. "Night" they called back.

I went into my bathroom and showered, changed into pajamas and brushed my teeth before laying down on my bed.

I couldn't sleep so I called Salazar over and he slithered up and down my arm until I finally drifted off to sleep.

✿‧⁺˚*・༓☾✿☽༓・*˚⁺‧✿

Word count: 983
I am so sorry I am posting this so late but I had writer's block for a whole week and lots of school work so I had no time to write. I will post the next chapter quicker though. Consider this an early Halloween treat so please vote and comment.

-A/N♡