2~Hidden Talent

The song: Riptide by Vance Joy

(This is after BotL and before TLO)

3rd person POV

Annabeth needed to call Percy to the Big House at this ungodly hour of the morning. It was 4 a.m. and Chiron had called Percy as he had gotten some lead on Princess Andromeda's whereabouts. Apollo had not yet graced the sky, thus it was pretty dark.

Reaching Cabin 3, she was about to knock when she heard faint music from the other side of the door. Peeking from a corner of the ajar door, she saw Percy, shirtless, folding his laundry and swaying to some music coming from a small, portable radio.

Then the chorus approached, and he started singing too.

"Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left-hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong."

She'd never heard him sing, and now that he thought that he was alone, he was singing so beautifully. Mostly, if Percy sang, it was kind of teasingly, like he didn't want to sing nicely and made it horrible. His voice washed over her, as if entrancing her.

"There's this movie that I think you'll like
This guy decides to quit his job and heads to New York City
This cowboy's running from himself
And she's been living on the highest shelf"

She slowly opened the door, slipping inside and listening to him sing. He was not even realising that someone else was there, and was was completely in his own world, swaying his hips and singing the lyrics softly, while folding his jeans.

Then, at the final part, he took a bottle of water as his mic and sung,

"I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong
And I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wr- Argh!"

He turned around, flinching so hard that he fell slipped and fell on his back. Groaning and messaging his back, he got up and glared at Annabeth. "You don't have the basic manners to knock on the door before entering? You almost gave me a heart attack, Wise Girl!"

"Is it my fault that Chiron sent me to bring you to the Big House? Or that somebody is singing like a frickin' siren at four a.m. in the morning, while folding his laundry? You never told me that could sing so nicely!" She retorted, though her cheeks were heating up at the fact that she was caught, or that Percy was still not making an attempt to put a shirt on and he had some nice abs.

He took a step closer to her and bent his neck just a little, so that he was staring into her eyes directly and said in a quiet and low voice,"Talk about pot calling the kettle black. You were in my cabin, at four in the morning, without even knocking. But thank you for your compliment." His warm breath was on her nose and she couldn't help but remember that she had kissed him under the volcano. "And, for your information, I couldn't sleep."

Then he straightened up, clearing his throat, "You go ahead. I'll come behind you." and opened the door for her. Getting out of the door, she made a split second's decision and kissed him on the cheek, running away before seeing him react.

Percy stood there for a minute, dazed, a hand on his cheek where she had kissed it. There was a snicker, and turned to see the Stolls with a camera in hand. He was thankful for the dark, as his cheeks had turned completely red. He flipped them off, before going back inside his cabin and putting a shirt on.

If he just had to sing to get a kiss, he would have to try singing more...

(-0-0-)

This one was super short, but I kinda liked it. It only makes sense if Percy sings 'Riptide' right?

Now, I know that he is a horrible singer canonically, but technically he is related to the sirens...so it makes sense to give him a beautiful voice.

Anywho, tell me if you enjoyed, ok?

Byee 🍪🔵🥛