Chapter Three

5 Months

Lorenzo's pov:

"Ooo what about this one" Sky shouts excitedly as she walks towards one of the display cribs. "Wait no, this one" she says walking towards another one. A smile tugs at my lips as I watch how excited she is.

I had some free time today so I decided to surprise Sky and take her nursery shopping. "Wait this is so cute" she says running over to an artwork hanging in the display room.

I walk up behind her and place my hands on her waist. She looks over her shoulder a huge smile on her face. "Can we ge-" she pauses her eyes snapping down to her growing stomach.

"What? What's wrong?" I ask unable to keep the panic from my voice. Sky grips my wrist and guides my hand to her stomach. Resting hers on top she looks back over her shoulder.

My muscles relaxing as something lightly nudges my hand. "Kicking" Sky mumbles her smile even bigger. I couldn't contain my smile as another nudge causes me to look at her stomach. I place a kiss to her neck, pulling away when the kicking has stopped.

She looks back at me, "can we get it?" She asks finishing her previous question. "You don't have to ask" I remind her for the 7th time today. "I know, but I want to make sure you get a say" she says turning to face me.

I look down at her, her chin rests on my chest as she looks up at me. I sigh as a smile appears on my lips, "Yes. We can get it" I tell her watching as excitement crosses her face.

We continue looking around Sky pointing out everything she likes, while I take a mental note so I can get them delivered later.

Fuck I love this girl
———
Sky's pov:

We walk down the Main Street, our fingers interlocked. We just finished nursery shopping and I asked- begged Enzo to go to the cafe down the street. I've been craving their bacon and egg sandwich all fucking day.

We walk down the street, three of our men walking behind us. We enter the cafe and Enzo goes to order while I grab us a table. It's a cute little cafe, it's rustic vibe making it my favourite. The chair in front of me pulls out and Enzo sits down, placing a brown paper bag in front of me along with a cup of orange juice.

"Thanks" I say flashing him a smile before ripping the bag open and grabbing the sandwich. I take a huge bite, a small moan slipping pst my lips.

Fuck, this is delicious

I look up at Enzo and notice he's only got himself a coffee. "Didn't you get yourself anything?" I ask bringing my hand to my mouth to cover my chewing. He shakes his head and I frown, "want some?" I ask holding out the sandwich.

He hasn't eaten all day

"You have it" he says softly, before taking a sip of his coffee. "I'm going to have Carter bring the car out front" he states, pulling out his phone. "Are you okay?" I ask noticing his coldness, he looks at me and gives me a small smile.

"I'm fine, Amore" he says softly before turning his attention back to his phone. Deciding not to push him I continue to eat my sandwich. Baby kicks telling me that they are enjoying it too.

Once finish both my juice and sandwich we head outside. Enzo opens the door for me, helping me up the step before getting in himself. I lean back in my seat, my back and feet beginning to hurt.

The car starts moving and I look over at Enzo, who's still occupied on his phone. Sitting up I push the phone away and climb onto his lap. His hands rest on my ass as he stares at me.

"Somethings bothering you" I whisper, my eyes searching his face for any sort of hit to what he's feeling. Is he angry? Sad? Or Annoyed?

His grip tightens on my ass as he pulls me closer to him, well as close as he can get me with my growing bump in the way.  "It's nothing Amore" he says trying to sound convincing but fails.

I cross my arms, "Enzo" I warn. He lets out a defeated sigh, "I guess-" he pauses. "I guess I'm just worried about being a shitty dad" he says closing his eyes.

My mouth falls open, "Enzo" I whisper and he opens his eyes. "that's not possible" I finish, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I've seen how you are with Keith and my god. My heart melts every time I see you together. I spent ages worried he wasn't going to get a father figure in his life and you've become that for him. He adores you and I can tell you adore him, and I'm telling you now when this baby-" I guide his hands to my stomach "when this baby comes I know your going to be just as great with them" I finish placing a kiss to his lips.

He kisses me back before smiling against my lips. "I fucking love you" he whispers kissing me again. "I love you too" I whisper against his lips.

———-
A/n: thought I'd have Enzo be vulnerable