Chapter Nineteen

9 Months

Lorenzo's pov:

"Knock knock" Sky mumbles as she enters my office, with Gabriella on her hip. Sitting in the chair across from me she sets Gabby in her lap.

"How can I help my girls?" I ask glancing up from my laptop. "Gabriella wants a puppy" Sky says smiling. "Gabriella wants a puppy?" I ask an amused smile on my lips.

"Yup" she says cheerfully as Gabby grabs her hands. Closing the laptop, I look at Gabby. "Sorry principessa but no puppy" I say watching as sky's face drop.

"Why not?" She asks clearly disappointed. "I thought Gabby wanted the dog" I reply leaning back in my seat. "She does" she replies calmly as Gabby plays with her hands. "Well it's not going to happen. I don't like dogs" I say resting my ankle on my knee.

I do

Sky pouts looking towards Gabriella, "Welp that was a bust" she mumbles before standing up and heading for the door. Gabby squeaks and her hands reach out to me.

"Come here" I say, holding my arms out. Sky turns and heads back towards me. "Go to daddy" she says passing Gabby over the desk towards me. I take her and sit her on my lap, her hands immediately finding my cheeks.

"You two have fun" Sky says sounding disappointed before leaving the office.  Opening my laptop I continue my work while Gabby fidgets on my lap.

Signing I close the laptop and look at Gabby. "Why don't we get mummy that puppy" I say tickling her stomach. She laughs causing a smile to creep up.

What dog breed would she like?

Grabbing my phone I text Tyson, but he does reply.
Rising from my seat I exit the office, Gabby resting in my arms.

———

Entering the foyer I text Sky to come down. Gabby passed out in the car, her sleeping form rests comfortably in my arms.

Sky walks down, Keith running ahead. "Why did you want me to meet you here? I thought you were working in your office" she says stopping a few inches from me.

Her eyes land on Gabriella and she instantly smiles. My dad has been in hiding since he had Gabriella kidnapped but I'll find him eventually and when I do he's in for a hell of a lot of pain.

"I got a little surprise for you" I say quietly not wanting to wake Gabby. "Surprise?" She asks her face a mixture of excitement and confusion.

Looking over my shoulder I gesture to Carter who walks in a Rottweiler puppy in hand. It takes a moment for Sky to realise but once her eyes find the little thing her eyes widen and excitement flashes across her face.

"OH MY GOD A PUPPY" Keith shouts, seemingly more excited. Gabby stirs but surprisingly doesn't wake.  Sky's hands cover her mouth as she turns her attention back to me. "I thought you didn't like dogs" she questions.

I just shrug, "now I know it's no golden retriever-" I begin but she cuts me off by kissing me.  "I don't care. Thank you" she whispers against my lips. I give her another kiss before allowing her to pull away.

"What's his name?" Keith asks resting his chin on Sky's legs looking up at her. She looks at me and I smile. "Doesn't have one. You pick" I say watching as she looks back down at Keith.

Squatting down she runs a hand through his hair. "How about-" she thinks for a minute. "Jaxon" she finishes and Keith nods.

Sky stands and walks over to Carter finally relieving the man of holding the dog. Jaxon immediately starts licking her face and she laughs.

"Wait he needs supplies" she says looking back towards me. "Everything he needs is in the car"  I tell her and she smiles. "Thank you so much" she says again.

"Mummy stop hogging him" Keith whines tugging at her dress. Squatting down she allows Keith to pat him aswell. Sky places him down and Jaxon runs off, Keith not far behind.

"FUCK. WHERE'D THIS DOG COME FROM" Sarah's voice echoes through the house. Sky laughs, "MEET JAXON" she replies her eyes widening when she remembers Gabby's asleep.

"I should put her to bed before she gets woken up"  I whisper before heading for the stairs. "I- hmm" Sky hesitates, she's still pretty shaken up and I don't blame her. Truthfully I am too.

"I'll personally keep an eye on her Ms Salvatore" Carter says beside me. Sky looks at him and smiles, "thank you" she whispers. We both make our way upstairs and to the nursery.

Placing her down I leave her with Carter and head back downstairs. Sky, Keith and even Sarah sit on the floor in the living room playing with the dog.

I'm going to regret this aren't I