Chapter 41

Alyssa's P.O.V.

I answered my phone to hear Mia's voice.

"Hey!" She said cheerily. 

"Hello!" I said.

"I was just calling to let you know that I'm on my way to the mall right now. I'll be at Starbucks and I'll wait there for you. Okay?" She said. I nodded but then realized that she couldn't see me.

"Okay sounds great. See you in a few!" I said through the phone.

"Alright. Bye." I hung up the phone and looked back at Harry who had his lip held between his teeth. It turned me on even more than I already was to see him like that, knowing that he wanted me. As much as I wanted to stay there and kiss Harry all day, I didn't want to keep Mia waiting.

"I better get going now..." I said awkwardly.

"Okay. You should change your clothes. It's cold out." He said.

"Okay. I'll only take a second." I got off of Harry's lap and ran up the steps to my room. I could feel Harry's eyes on me as I went up the stairs. I rummaged through my closet trying to find something to wear. I pulled on some black skinny jeans and a maroon sweater. I put my combat boots on and grabbed my purse. I went backstairs and Harry was waiting in the car.

"I thought I'd get the car warmed up." He smiled when I got in.

"Yeah, it's freezing out there." I said.

"I hope it snows soon." He said, looking at the dark clouds that hung above us. I nodded. It took about 15 minutes to get to the mall.

"Do you want to come with me?" I asked Harry.

"I don't want to intrude." He said.

"You're not intruding. I'd love it if you'd come." I said, secretly hoping that he would come with me. I really wanted to be with him and I didn't know why. I have never wanted to be around someone so much.

"Well I guess I'll come with, but if I'm annoying you just tell me to go away." I laughed.

"You're not annoying." I said. He got out of the car and we walked hand in hand into the mall. We found our way to Starbucks and found Mia sitting at a table.

"Hello!" She smiled.

"I brought Harry with, I hope you don't mind." I said.

"No, not at all. The more the merrier." We all laughed and sat down at the table.

"What do you want to drink?" Harry asked me.

"A Mocha sounds good." I said.

"Okay." Harry got up and went to order our drinks.

"So how has your break up been going?" She asked.

"It's been going really well actually. I'm relieved because I don't think that I care about Nate in the way . that he wants me to." I said.

"Yeah. Sometimes things don't always work." She said.

"I'm upset because Nate has started drinking. It's not so much the drinking that bothers me, it's that he never used to drink and he is a completely different person now. I don't even know him anymore." I said, sadly. She didn't say anything, just nodded. Harry came back with our drinks and I thanked him.

"How much was it?" I asked, pulling out my wallet.

"Don't worry about it." He said.

"I am worrying about it, here." I said, handing him a ten dollar bill. He didn't take it and just kissed my cheek.