Chapter 51

Alyssa's P.O.V.

We got to the hardware store and we were looking at the different paint samples being displayed.
My eyes scanned over them, trying to decide which ones I liked the most.

"Which one do you like?" Harry asked me, furrowing his eyebrows and rubbing his chin with his slender fingers. I couldn't help but to imagine his fingers touching me.

"This one's okay." I said handing him a bright blue sample. He nodded.

"What room are we painting?" I asked him.

"It's gonna be an art gallery for my painting collection." He said. I nodded this time.

"You should paint it a neutral color so that way you can see all the colors in the paintings."

"You think so?"

"Yep."

"Okay well help me pick one out." He leaned down to get a better look at the ones near the bottom.

"What do you think of this one?"

"Too dark."

"This one?"

"That one looks fine." He smiled.

"Okay then I guess we'll get this one." I smiled and followed him to the counter. He handed the man the paint card and he mixed together the paint color. We thanked him and went to get the rest of the supplies.

"Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"Why don't you just hire someone to paint for you?" I asked. He sure had the money to.

"I don't know. I can paint things just fine myself and I might as well." He said. I nodded.

"Plus I want to paint it with you." He said. I smiled and he pecked my cheek, causing me to blush. We got the rest of the supplies and headed back home. I followed Harry upstairs so we could change into some different clothes. I chose some of my old clothes with holes in them and threw them on. They didn't match what-so-ever but I didn't care. I was just gonna get paint on them anyway. Harry came into my room just as I was sliding my shirt on and he smirked.

"I think you'd look better without that shirt, honey." He winked. I blushed and shook my head with a smirk on my face.

"You ready to paint?" I nodded and followed him to the empty room. The supplies were already in there. We started by laying out plastic on the ground so we wouldn't ruin the floor if we dripped paint on it. After that we taped off all of the light switches and trim. Harry got on a ladder and started painting around the perimeter of the room with a small paint brush. I started going over the rest of the wall with the roller. Harry started helping me out and I gasped when I felt a glob of wet paint splatter onto my leg. I looked over and saw Harry with a mischevious smirk on his features.

"Harry!" I scolded. He laughed.

"Sorry." He chuckled. I just shook my head and continued painting. While Harry was turned around, I got a glob of paint and threw it at him. He turned around with a big smile on his face and came running toward me. He started tickling me and I squealed. I fell to the floor and he was on top of me holding me down. I was laughing so hard and I couldn't breathe.

"H-Harry!" I said breathlessly.

"Oh you're gonna pay for that." He said.

"P-Please! I can't breathe." I managed to get out. Harry stopped and I took a deep breath.