5. Take Me To Your Leader

A/N: Laugh all you want about the title I will ignore it but it will make sense when you read the chapter.

As Skyla dressed herself, she wondered why Eret helped her. Most people would have probably left her to die or just dump her in a village to be someone else's burden, but he actually fished her out of the water and kept an eye on her. She liked how kind he was and that he had respect. And he was sort of cute....wait did she just call him cute?!

"Snap out of it Skyla he's like in his twenties! No way he's gonna ever be into a scrawny eighteen year old like you. Plus he probably doesn't like you one bit." She scolded herself. She was lucky that he didn't try to do anything to her. After deciding she was good, she headed out of the cabin.

The icy air was cool on her skin, perfect weather for flying. Skyla always like how freezing temperatures never bothered her. She even went swimming in the freezing ocean once, but never did it again after almost giving Valka a heart attack. The thought of her mother being alone without her made her sad but she knew she had to get back without leading Eret to the nest.

Out on the deck were several men doing their work of tightening the sails, moving bolts and nets around and keeping the ship upright. They all didn't pay much attention to her and kept working. Skyla sensed someone behind her and with reflexes of a Deadly Nadder, she yanked her knife out from inside her shirt and pointed it at the throat of whoever was behind her.

"So this is what I get for fishing you out, nursing you back to health and giving you new clothes. A knife to the throat." Eret said sarcastically as he moved away from Skyla's knife.

"Oops! I'm so sorry, I'm just a bit jumpy." She admitted, blushing as she put the knife down and tied it to her belt.

"Well your senses are sharp that's for sure." Eret replied with a chuckle. Skyla blushed again.

"So where are you going anyways?" She asked, hoping to change the subject and prayed he thought the red cheeks were from the cold.

"Well we're on our way to see our boss about a new shipment of dragons. We still need about ten more to give to him."

"Wait you trap dragons for someone?" Skyla asked, trying to keep her voice from raising.

"Well yes but it's for a good cause I can assure you that." Eret said, and frowned.

"Well what does he do with them? And who is this boss of yours?"

"Well his name is Drago Bludvist and he is going to change the world with them.

"Well take me with you guys. That's where my home is.

"You live in Drago's fort? Then how come I never saw you there before?" Eret asked and narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

"No it's close to it. My mother and I moved there recently and I was kidnapped by a dragon. So take me and then I can take a boat from there." Skyla answered. Eret raised an eyebrow. "Look my mother is worried sick and I don't want her to be alone for so long. So can you please take me?" Eret kept looking at her funny. Skyla narrowed her own eyes and kept her gaze on him.

"Fine I'll take you to Drago's fort." He said after a few moments of silence.

"Really?! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!" She squealed jumping up and hugging him tightly.

"Okay okay your crushing my lungs!" He gasped as he tried to pry her off. She quickly let go.

"Sorry I'm just a bit overexcited that's all." She said blushing.

"What were you in a past life an octopus? Gods you have a good grip I'll tell you that." He said rubbing his neck. Skyla just laughed.

Inside she hoped she was doing the right thing for her mother. She was going to try to stop Drago herself for her mother. And for the dragons in the nest she grew up in and for the others who needed help. She was going to free all dragons from the cruel wrath of men once and for all.