15. We Got Trust Issues

"Hey Hiccup I need to talk to you." Hiccup looked up from the stack of papers to see Astrid standing right in front of him.

"Well hello to you to Astrid. What is it?" He asked glancing down at his papers. Astrid grabbed them from him and held them behind her back. Hiccup lunged to grab them but she moved quickly and he ended up falling on his face.

"It's about Skyla." She said angrily. Hiccup recognized the tone of her voice. The same tone she used when they first met Heather.

"Astrid please, we had been through this already with Heather."

"And we all saw how well try that went." She said scowling. Hiccup sighed and managed to snag the papers from her.

"Yeah but Heather was only doing that to save the family that took her in remember?"

"Yeah I know but we don't even know anything about her besides her connection to Valka."

"Then just stop okay? Look I know you are suspicious of my sister but you need to stop alright? She has suffered so much already and she needs to learn to trust people again."

"Oh yeah and speaking of which, Eret asked for the day off."

"Wait why?"

"To be doing that with her." She answered turning his head. He saw Skull Crusher doing loops and difficult maneuvers and he heard some familiar screaming.

"Oh gods what is he thinking?"

"Well let's find out."

--------------------

"CAN'T YOU CONTROL THAT DRAGON OF YOURS?!" Skyla shrieked as she clung to Eret for dear life. Eret was clinging onto the handles if the saddle horn so tightly that his knuckles were white.

"He isn't like this! I swear! He's completely out of my control at the moment!" He yelled back as Skull Crusher began spinning. Skyla gave an ear splitting scream when he dropped down.

"Get me off! Get me off! Get me off please!" She screamed.

"Skull Crusher you're scaring her! Stop this right now!" Eret yelled and slammed his heel against the dragons side.

Skull Crusher roared and flew them in the direction of the woods. He then somehow managed to throw them off and they landed in some bushes. Eret tried to help Skyla up but she was spewing mad.

"No stop! Get away from me!" She yelled shoving him away with one hand.

"I'm just trying to-"

"To what Eret? What are you trying to gain by allowing your dragon to take us on some wild ride?"

"Hey I was trying to keep him in control so don't think I was doing this on purpose."

"Well whatever you were trying to do it failed."

"Skyla just listen to me alright? Look I know you don't trust anyone other than your mother and her son but shouldn't you try and give others a chance of being trusted too?"

"Well what makes you think I can trust you when you know the truth about me? Any moment you can tell everyone that I'm the reason-"

"It's not your fault Skyla. You were brainwashed into being like him. And what Toothless did brought you back."

"Oh yeah to regain my humanity I had to loose an arm. And you know what? I lost my trust in male humans after what Drago done. I used to-" she was cut off when Eret walked right over to her and yanked her into his arms.

She felt them wrap around her and she felt something she had't felt since she became human: the feeling of being secure. Even when she was in Valka's warm embrace it couldn't compare to the feeling that she felt being in Eret's arms.

"There is that better than what was going on earlier?" Eret asked letting his embrace loosen a bit and tilted her head up. Skyla gave a small nod.

Then he did the most shocking thing: he tilted her head up a bit and held it in his hands gently. Then he pulled her forward and Skyla realized what was about to happen. She quickly shoved her good hand between his face and hers and shoved him back.

"I don't think I am ready for that yet." Skyla said turning away from him and blushing furiously.

"I'm sorry I went a bit too fast there didn't I?"Eret said blushing.

"Yes you did. Let's take it slowly next time okay?" She said and began to walk back to the village.

"Wait next time? What do you mean by next time?" Eret called after her.

"Figure it out Eret. You know what I mean." She yelled over her shoulder and soon she was out of shot.

Eret stumbled back but Skull Crusher caught him in time. He was having a hard time trying to process what had happened and what Skyla had said.

"What in Thor's name was I thinking? Almost kissing her was one of the most stupidest things I have ever done. Now she's gonna hate me." He moaned. Skull Crusher roared softly and motioned towards the direction that Skyla had went.

"No I am not going to follow her if that's what you are telling me." Skull Crusher shoved him forward. "I am not going to have her think I am some sort of crazy stalker. Noe let's just get home."

Before he could even get on him, Skull Crusher layed down and tucked his legs under him, layed his head down, gave Eret a nasty look and began making a deep rumbling noise.

"Oh come on you overgrown baby. If you don't stop I am putting you up for adoption." The dragons only reaction to that was making his rumbling louder.

"Need some help?" Asked a familiar voice.

Okay so I won't be updating this story or any of my other ones because I want to concentrate on doing really well on my senior year and graduating with all my other classmates.

So what do you think is going on between Skyla and Eret?

I kind of based their little flight off of the one with Hiccup and Astrid from HTTYD 1 before the romantic flight